Who let the studio geek outside? (4 images)

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Mar 29, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Once again pushing myself to really learn photography. This shoot is for submission to Levi's for Gabriela. She chose the location, male model, and style. I couldn't quit cold turkey, so these are shot with the aide of an Alien Bee 800 and 18x48" strip box powered by the Buff Vagabond battery system.

First a little color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the B&W's for submission

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments appreciated as always.

2. very nice series Scott. Especially like the last one.

3. Scott, nice! I think the third is my favorite...

Very nice work...

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    The first one is my favorite.

5. Very nice shots. The model is nice and fluid, she works well. 1 & 3 are the best IMO.

6. Nice work.... and the girl is hot! :)

7. B/W work much better for me Scott.................. though I think the stone wall background in #2 would have been interesting in B/W...........

In #2 I would have liked to see the male model looking at the female......... he seems to be standing in a slightly awkward way............ like he is trying to stop her falling rather than holding her........may have been more natural if were standing more upright and holding her waist with his left hand too, or maybe the top of her right hip...

Of course, I know nothing about this type of photography, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have no idea what I am talking about!

G

8. Very nice... I really like #4.

9. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    I really like these.....all very well done.

May I ask what lens (lenses) were used during this shoot?

10. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks to all for the comments.

These images were chosen because they tend to showcase Gabriela and not Randy. This was my first time working with him and he didn't seem really comfortable and I'm not sure why.

Gabriela's agent was happy that he was a little stiff and doesn't take the limelight away from her. Again these images are only a test and won't be used except to show the creative team.

11. These are really good... The only one that doesn't work for me is the second one. The B&Ws are primo and I think his "stiffness" works well.

12. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Man......that last shot is right out of the early 60's Fender catalog!!:smile:

Always love an electric guitar being played to an adoring fan......without an amp or electricity near by.

The only thing you need to complete the image is another girl in the foreground lying on her stomach with her legs bent at the knee, feet in the air listening to an old 45 player with built-in mono speaker.

I like it!:biggrin:

13. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Woody and Stuart. I'm starting to get old school here. First film and now a bunch of B&W images...

The last two for the agent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. That last B&W does it for me (even though it doesn't show case the girl). Love the composition. I just wish that he were playing an actual chord ;)

15. I don't know who let you out Stuart but you should do it more often. Very nice and a beautiful couple.