Who said Nikon's can't Fly?????

Well folks "it's official".....

I've joined the "nutty flyer club"

Tonight was my maiden flight and I have to tell you I was sort of wondering if I needed my head read....
But once I got over the shock of watching my nikon gear leave my hands and head skyward... it was not that bad....:Confused:

So here is a quick sample and a link to a little show....

Please note that these images are done with a D40x and have not been touched. Heck I did not even bother to straighten them if it was required... I just thought it was better to show you the raw images.
Hope you enjoy

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes that is me down there.... Taking pictures of Taking pictures....:Smart:

Finally here is a link to the little show I built:

http://dougbarberphotography.com/shows/up up and away/

By the way.... I learned a lot of stuff tonight... But one thing that did catch my eye is..... I've got WAY TO MUCH GRASS. So if anyone likes cutting grass.... just come on up...:smile:

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Yes, reallly really cool!

One question, Doug. How difficult it will be to fly a kite in arctic weather?

Great images Doug

This has been ,as you know, done for years. Quite interesting.
Had a frind tell me about it and I had several web sites that showed great images done with this system.

This will be great for your work.

T

TheBear

very cool... I cringed at first when seeing the camera in the sky

I was thinking the same thing. How do you trigger the shutter from that high up. Even with a remote, does it work that far up?

Yes, reallly really cool!

One question, Doug. How difficult it will be to fly a kite in arctic weather?

Greetings Phil:

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure about "cold weather shooting".... I know that batteries will be an issue but other than that it should be the same as flying in a southern location. So I guess the trick will be to keep the batteries as warm as one can till you send the rig skyward.

Just thinking of you this AM... man one could get some effective pano shots in your area!!!

Great images Doug

This has been ,as you know, done for years. Quite interesting.
Had a frind tell me about it and I had several web sites that showed great images done with this system.

This will be great for your work.

Good morning Gaye:
Yes there is a few folks doing this type of stuff around...

One guy I bumped into is here....

http://scotthaefner.com/kap/360panos/

It seems like most of the people doing this are using very small (and light) P&S cameras as they are easier to fly with. So in my case I had a rig built to fit a DLSR as I wanted the larger (and better) files.
Thanks for looking in.

You are one brave guy!!:wink:

I had never heard of people doing this, it is really neat. You have a gorgeous place. And with all the rain, we all know what you will be doing in a week or so.....you DO have a riding lawnmower, right?:tongue:

You are one brave guy!!:wink:

I had never heard of people doing this, it is really neat. You have a gorgeous place. And with all the rain, we all know what you will be doing in a week or so.....you DO have a riding lawnmower, right?:tongue:

Hi Shannon:
I'm sorry but being brave is not one of my strong points.... Having Nikon as a sponsor is a much better security blanket for a chicken like me....:biggrin: Mind you I better not say that to load or my phone will be ringing asking what the heck I'm doing!!!!

you are right about the grass.... I was just walking back from the shop and I'm sure I could hear the darn stuff growing. Oh well it is better than not having any at all or having 4 ft. of snow.:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom