1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Who said that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I remember reading that a famous photographer who was once asked why there weren't any people in his photos answered something like: "There are always at least two, the photographer and the one looking at the picture."

Do you know who the photographer was and where I can find that quote?

2. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    First thing I'd try is typing the quote into Google and see if it pops up. No need to put it all in quotes (that's just the way Google works).

When I get home I'll try looking for it for you.

3. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
  4. Thanks KayB.

Searching in Google I found some pages that attribute the quote to Ansel Adams:

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams"

But I haven't found a reference to a book or article yet. So if someone could help me with that I'd be happy. Thanks.

5. Thanks, Bart. Does the rating on that site reflect whether people like the quote or does it refer to how reliable it is?

6. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    The rating is purely on how much people like the quote.

The good thing is now that you know the exact quote and its author you can google that to find the origins - that will still be tough, but at least a little bit easier now...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.