Who saw this?

It's like astrology: if you make enough vague predictions you'll always get a few good ones. I would be impressed if there was a 95% hit rate, or all the models that were introduced were spot on, but most of them are spectacular misses.
I believe Nikon will discard this model in year 2008 and comes out with a Nikon D60 for it that is able to focus with “normal” lenses. Probably still 10MP. D40 will be discontinued.
Given that reality was: "The D60 is basically a cosmetic update on the D40x. The D40x will be discontinued, the D40 is still going strong" I'd say, a solid miss.

Will we see another DSLR from Nikon? Some rumors say that there will be a D3X. I really doubt so.
And that is a solid miss too with (a) the introduction of the D700 and (b) the 99% certainty of the 25 MP D3x (or whatever it is called).

(a whole lot of lens predictions)
. Closest came the "highly unlikely" 18-55VR. The amazing set of tilt/shift lenses never made it to the list.

I think the list is a good example of how Nikon manages to outdo even our wildest dreams while at the same time doesn't make our most modest expectations.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom