1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Who saw this?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by italy74, Jul 9, 2008.

1. I got something:

D60: announced at pma 2008, one month and half later
    Nikkor 60 micro: idem as above

2. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    It's like astrology: if you make enough vague predictions you'll always get a few good ones. I would be impressed if there was a 95% hit rate, or all the models that were introduced were spot on, but most of them are spectacular misses.
    Given that reality was: "The D60 is basically a cosmetic update on the D40x. The D40x will be discontinued, the D40 is still going strong" I'd say, a solid miss.

And that is a solid miss too with (a) the introduction of the D700 and (b) the 99% certainty of the 25 MP D3x (or whatever it is called).

. Closest came the "highly unlikely" 18-55VR. The amazing set of tilt/shift lenses never made it to the list.

I think the list is a good example of how Nikon manages to outdo even our wildest dreams while at the same time doesn't make our most modest expectations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.