Who says birds don't have lips?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Thos Quinn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. This is a follow-up to my previous “A Successful Birdhouse” post ‘cause I was worried many of you were loosing sleep wondering how things were going. This is the first baby of this year’s second house wren brood to leave this nest nest. This youngster was holding on to the edge of the hole exercising its wings readying for the “big leap”. When I set my tripod up about 10 feet away, it froze allowing a “sweeter” aperture (and resulting longer exposure). The house is now empty (of birds) and I think I’ll clean it out to be ready for a fresh start come next spring. Curiously, the actual nest is way up in the upper right corner of the house, well above the hole. The poor male had to fill up the whole bottom of the house before actually building “the nest”.

D70; Nikkor 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 D ED
    190mm; f8, 1/8 sec; iso 200, matrix metering; RAW.
    original.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shot, Thom. Isn't there a tool in PS that can turn that frown into a smile? Now that would be a fine image... a happy little birdy! :lol:

3. Looks like lips to me! Great shot! :)

4. Really nice image Thos. That bird does have lips and your have proven it.

5. Nice shot. That's the look I get from my Son when I tell him it's time to mow the lawn.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shot.

Makes me smile. :>)))