Who wants more RC Planes???

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Cleanmaxx Brian, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I went to the PARCS Giant Scale Rally - July 13th - in Brooklyn, NY. The weather was perfect, however a bit windy, but it was right down the runway.
    Here are a few teaser shots of the action...

Click image for an even sharper version...

All in flight shots - D300 with 200-400f4 handheld! (Tripod and monopod would be comical here, especially with the P51!)

Awesome detail in this biplane!
    original.

With HP to spare, knife edges down the runway, and this pilot made it look easy!
    original.

I think it's DA100 powered :) 
    original.

My favorite of the day...3 cylinder P51 Mustang. This plane was soooo fast!!!
    original.

It had the most incredible sound and was so lifelike in the air!
    original.

Look at those carbs at 200MPH!!! Notice prop blur even with 1/2000s shutter speed!
    original.

There is always time for a YAK!
    original.

What a day! Sigma 10-20
    original.

Over 70 pictures from this event can be found here:
    http://www.pbase.com/cleanmaxx_brian/071308

2. awesome thread, series, and images
    you did very, very well

i thoroughly enjoyed these

3. Great pictures.I almost would like start yelling P51!!!!! CADILAC OF THE SKY!!!! AIR POWER!!!!!!!!!! [famous scene from Empire of the sun]
    i`m still to chicken to start building a model plain.Simply since i have seen grown ups cry when there xxx hours build plain crashed after making a simple mistake.That`s why i have build model boats.

4. licaga

licaga

Jan 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Peter Vooijs
    great shots well done

peter

5. great shots Brian. I have taken many pics at R/C events, and these are exceptional.

6. Hi all,
    Thank you for the compliments. I had lost internet service for a bit so this is a bit late!

And Rob I hear ya!!! That p51 left a mark on me...just like when I saw my first RC Jet fly.
    There is something about the sound of the RC that adds so much to the realism of the model...it is hard to explain. I guess it is why electrics do nothing for me.

It may also be why Americans are so into the combustion engine...electric may be faster, cheaper, and more green...but there will always be a fan of that V8 rumble!

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!! I thought i was the only one that liked that movie!!

Awesome set Brian, and i'd love to see more RC planes.

Thanks for sharing,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.