Who was stalking who?

I thought I was spying on a momma deer and her babies yesterday.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 11518

But when I crept around to get a closer shot, I found they were there waiting. Maybe they were stalking me :roll:.

View attachment 11519

Very nice shots Frank. Looks like these were taken on a golf course. 70-200VR?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I took them with my 80-200/2.8 at the public golf course in Pacific Grove this weekend. I'm jazzed that you thought they were from the 70-200VR.

Frank, these animals look pretty healthy. They get so much attention in public places like this. Did you happen to have any cracked corn in your pocket? That's a sure way to get them to come around.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

beaucamera said:
Did you happen to have any cracked corn in your pocket? That's a sure way to get them to come around.
No, I make it a point not to feed the critters I'm trying to shoot... other than hummingbirds, of course.
Using food as a lure takes the fun out of nature photography, and instills bad behaviors in the beasties.

mike mac said:
OK now I can see them beautiful animals aren't thy Frank, even those these on the course are looked at as annoyances
Glad pbase finally let you see the deer, Mike. Yes, I think they're lovely creatures, and I've never considered it a problem to share a golf course with them.

Luv seeing those spots still on the young, nice captures Frank. Its amazing where you see wildlife these days, allot less in those national parks, go figure!

Keith

The one i like the most is the last one, the deers look more relax than the first two where they look on guard ready to go away.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom