Whoo hoo!! again

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Bohdan, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I think my wife is tired of hearing me say whoo.hoo...
    Just got my Nikon 17-55 F 2.8 delivered to my office today..Purchased from a forum member - thanks again Jack-
    I rented this lens in the summer time to do a wedding and loved it...Now I have one.

Now....to work on a D200 campaign !!!!

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats Bob. I know how good it feels to get the glass of your dreams, because it happened to me when I finally got my 300 2.8. Now if I could just afford a 200-400VR, a 500 f4 VR, a 400 2.8, and a 600 f4, I'd never want another lens. :tongue:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

3. Frank,

It's called LLD and you have a bad case of it.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    True Melissa, very true. My problem is that I've already spent my cam budget for about the next 5 years. My only hope for satisfying my LLD is for some long lost (and non-existent) rich uncle to die and leave me a fortune. :rolleyes:

5. Me too Frank but I am going to save up for that new lens if it turns out to be a good one then I want to save up for the D200 as a back up as soon as I can sell my Fuji S2.

6. Actually I call it NAS Nikon Acquisition Syndrome...

7. Hey, wait a minute, didn't I hear you raving about the S2 recently? It's a great backup. Why spend bigger bucks for emergency gear?

The problem is, if you get a d200, it'll compete with your d2x, and you won't get your money's worth out of either of them.

8. Yes the 17-55 is truly a wonderful thing. I bought mine from a member here also and haven't regretted a single penny. Now a D200 to go with my 70-200 and I never have to change lenses again.

9. Yes Uncle Frank, the S2 is a great backup so I have to think more about it. I guess I wanted to go all Nikon but you are right, the D200 and the D2X is a lot alike and there would be no competition. I just figured if I sold the S2, I would only have to put 600.00 to the D200. Oh well off to my thinking cap.