Whose going somewhere (finally) ?

Real Name
Randy
We just booked a house in St Augustine for the 2nd week in November and we're both a little stressed since we're coming from NC, where I dare say there's more mask wearing. I'm not even close to flying yet so it's a road trip.

Where are you planning on going and how ?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Monday we leave in our 5th wheel for a week in Charleston, SC. Then a week on Skidaway Island and then a few days on Jekyll Island. Since we are self contained in the 5th wheel, it is very safe. We just have to be vigilant visiting grocery stores, and places with many people. I will stock our fridge, freezer and pantry well before we leave.

All of our spring/summer hiking trips in YNP will soon turn into ski trips on the same trails. We've encountered as many pack llamas as we have people over the last six months.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sean

Here in London no plans to travel yet.
Insurance is a problem amongst other issues.
Not allowed to travel to the US, very sad as we would be in California usually this time of the year catching up with family.

The only travels we have taken are road trips with our RV to places within a half day's drive. We have only been around family. We are going to Salt Lake City in November for a play and I'm a little nervous about that. My daughter bought the tickets for us. Evidently they socially distance the audience and we wear masks. They also said to wear warm clothes because they are keeping it cool. I'm sure that should we decide to cancel they will give us tickets to a different play next year. We will drive there and stay with our daughter....no hotels for us yet.

I hope you feel well enough to go, Randy. Getting away would be good medicine!!

My wife and I spent a long weekend in a southern Virginia AirBnB in June, a week in September in an AirBnB in West Virginia and a week last week in an AirBnB in Vermont. All trips were to rural areas, meaning the population density was relatively low; we only visited towns and villages, no cities. We spent most of our time on hiking trails and other completely rural areas outside those towns and villages. We took all of our food with us and prepared all breakfasts, lunches and suppers in our AirBnB. We ate the breakfasts and suppers in the AirBnB and ate the lunches at outdoor picnics. We drove to all locations.

Since the pandemic began, we have had only Zoom visits with friends and family except for the one time family visited us on the deck while we stayed inside and talked to them through the windows in our sun room.

For one of the very few times in our life, we have no plans for an upcoming trip. We do, however, plan to take one in the Spring but don't yet know where. Whatever we do and wherever we go, it will be much like the three trips described above.

Vermont required that we self-quarantine for two weeks immediately before arriving in the state. We also had to certify in writing that we did so. People who ate in restaurants, rode on ski lifts and the like had to provide contact information just in case the authorities have to do contact tracing. Very impressive!

Last edited:
Had a great 3 days around Farmington, NM a coupla weeks back, nothing else on the immediate horizon. Have been thinking about acquiring another teardrop trailer, but the models that I'm interested in are showing 12 - 16 months lead time on new builds! :eek:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Had a great 3 days around Farmington, NM a coupla weeks back, nothing else on the immediate horizon. Have been thinking about acquiring another teardrop trailer, but the models that I'm interested in are showing 12 - 16 months lead time on new builds! :eek:
Yes, hordes of folks bought RV's this spring and summer. Dealers can't get stock to sell. And most campgrounds have been fully booked. And insurance claims are up big time as folks who have never driven large RV's and running into each other and things around them! :rolleyes:

Our son has informed us that they have rented a house at the beach for the entire month of November and we are invited for Thanksgiving. We'll get the details this evening.

He and his wife are both working from home, and their kids at home have online classes. I guess they can do it at the beach as well as home.

Yes, hordes of folks bought RV's this spring and summer. Dealers can't get stock to sell. And most campgrounds have been fully booked. And insurance claims are up big time as folks who have never driven large RV's and running into each other and things around them! :rolleyes:
I know what you mean, Karen. Here in CO, there have been record visitations at pretty much every State Park, National Park, National Monument, and even at many BLM campgrounds. Hoping that there might be a surfeit of "gently-used" teardrops on the market in 2021 from folks who decided that camping that way wasn't for them! :D

Our son has informed us that they have rented a house at the beach for the entire month of November and we are invited for Thanksgiving. We'll get the details this evening.

He and his wife are both working from home, and their kids at home have online classes. I guess they can do it at the beach as well as home.
That sounds ideal, Jim - hope that it works out for all of you.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Excuse me, Nick, but those dark and warm liquids are not so much "beer" but rather some sort of substitute for oatmeal!:D
In 2018, we spent several days enjoying the Colordao Monument area. Gorgeous! We happened to be there during the Tour of the Moon biking event! We were going west while the cyclists were riding east. I was scared to death a biker would come around a curve and plant him/herself on the grill of our truck!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom