Whose going somewhere (finally) ?

In 2018, we spent several days enjoying the Colordao Monument area. Gorgeous! We happened to be there during the Tour of the Moon biking event! We were going west while the cyclists were riding east. I was scared to death a biker would come around a curve and plant him/herself on the grill of our truck!
Sadly that was cancelled this year, but I know what you mean! At least the Monument - with help from local resources - has installed sensors that trigger blinking warning lights in the tunnels to alert motorists that bikers are approaching.

Our son has informed us that they have rented a house at the beach for the entire month of November and we are invited for Thanksgiving. We'll get the details this evening.

He and his wife are both working from home, and their kids at home have online classes. I guess they can do it at the beach as well as home.
That should be fun!!

Real Name
Dan
We've got everything booked to spend the winter in SC again. Only a couple hundred dollars of non-refundable costs so will make a final decision in early December pending what's going on by then with Covid and society in general. That involves a lot of time cooped up in a plane full of people. But sooner or later life must go on.

Another complication is that I had to have a tumor removed from my right arm last week. They removed half of my bicep so not sure how well I'll have recovered by then. But I'm fairly sure walking on the beach will be more conducive to rehab than snow shoing :rolleyes:

JLH

Off for a week on the beach at Avon, Outer Banks. Had to cancel our Spring trip there due to the Outer Banks being shut down. We have a nice house on the beach (ocean side) where we have a week alone, just us, the waves, big sky at night, etc. So, we easily avoid all crowds and such. We will travel by car, well Acrua RDX with Nikon camera gear in the back!

We continue to hunker down in our new home after moving in July. Blessed with a safe move to a different state health wise, additional travel is not on our radar screen.

Real Name
Bill
We're thinking about heading to Florida to visit my mom and dad around the Christmas/New years holiday. Mom has cancer and we were supposed to go back in the spring when Covid hit. We're nervous about flying but if we don't go then we may not get another chance to see her.

We still plan on Florida for February and March. We will do no more than we are doing here - very little - but we like to be in Florida then and can't stand NE winters where we really feel house bound.

Real Name
Randy
Off for a week on the beach at Avon, Outer Banks. Had to cancel our Spring trip there due to the Outer Banks being shut down. We have a nice house on the beach (ocean side) where we have a week alone, just us, the waves, big sky at night, etc. So, we easily avoid all crowds and such. We will travel by car, well Acrua RDX with Nikon camera gear in the back!
The OBX is a great place. We live in Charlotte and have been there several times. The best sunrises I’ve ever seen

Real Name
Randy
We're thinking about heading to Florida to visit my mom and dad around the Christmas/New years holiday. Mom has cancer and we were supposed to go back in the spring when Covid hit. We're nervous about flying but if we don't go then we may not get another chance to see her.
Go go go
I was at Bosque when my dad passed and I willl never forgive myself

Real Name
Randy
We still plan on Florida for February and March. We will do no more than we are doing here - very little - but we like to be in Florida then and can't stand NE winters where we really feel house bound.
That was our thinking as well
Staying safe in a house in Florida won’t be much more risk than NC

Real Name
Randy
We've got everything booked to spend the winter in SC again. Only a couple hundred dollars of non-refundable costs so will make a final decision in early December pending what's going on by then with Covid and society in general. That involves a lot of time cooped up in a plane full of people. But sooner or later life must go on.

Another complication is that I had to have a tumor removed from my right arm last week. They removed half of my bicep so not sure how well I'll have recovered by then. But I'm fairly sure walking on the beach will be more conducive to rehab than snow shoing :rolleyes:
I hope your arm heals fast Dan

Real Name
Randy
The only travels we have taken are road trips with our RV to places within a half day's drive. We have only been around family. We are going to Salt Lake City in November for a play and I'm a little nervous about that. My daughter bought the tickets for us. Evidently they socially distance the audience and we wear masks. They also said to wear warm clothes because they are keeping it cool. I'm sure that should we decide to cancel they will give us tickets to a different play next year. We will drive there and stay with our daughter....no hotels for us yet.

I hope you feel well enough to go, Randy. Getting away would be good medicine!!
Thanks Terri, so far I feel better every day

I haven't seen my elderly parents in almost 1 year. They live in New Jersey and I'm in Florida. With all of my exposure seeing patients every day, I'm reluctant to get on a plane and fly up to see them. It's been heartbreaking.

We've been renting a house on a lake with a water ski boat one weekend each month near Orlando. It's been a great way to safely venture out of our house with my wife and kids getting a little stir crazy.

Latest threads

Top Bottom