Why a pocket camera??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frits, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Following a previous thread, in which I participated: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=57060

FWIW, here is a shot I took with the T7 today. Was downtown for a lunch meeting and saw this ugy alleyway right across from this very upscale officebuilding. I positioned myself and waited for someone to pass, illustrating folks rushing by without even noticing. Played some with PS to get the effect I wanted. This is why I love having a tiny cam in my pocket at all times: catch the moments I would not get with my D1x.
    (sorry for the unsightly scene, but I keep being drawn into it....).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Frits, perfect example of city life. Yes, I love having a pocket camera with me at all times. You just never know what you're going to see, it fires up in a heartbeat and is always with you.
    I like your post-processing.

3. this is a great argument for having such a camera around. I love the feel of this shot.
    Dave

4. I agree!

I have a camera with me 99% of the time. I am hoping to get a nice very small pocket cam in the very near future. I have a camera phone always (it kind of sucks) but anyway - camera all the time. You never know when you will see something like your pic.

5. Thank you Sandi, postprocessing is half the fun (sometimes!).

6. Frits, very nice urban landscape. I like the focus (or lack of) in your image. Well done.

7. Thanks Scott! Actually the original picture is very sharply focused (except for the purposely blurred pedestrian). The overall soft effect in the posted version is a product of what I did in postprocessing.