Why are people so greedy on Ebay

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Catz, Mar 17, 2005.

1. I have found several D2X's on Ebay and they want 5699.00. That is a rip off and not fair to others who are willing to pay retail price. These people should be turned in for scalping cameras and it should be illegal to do this.

It just upsets me when I know there are several people right here that want a D2X and they can't get an honest one because of greedy people in this world. :(

2. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

There are some Nikon dealers who sell on Ebay who are greedy
    and do not want to service their locals.
    Also some people will try to make a buck.
    Careful- warrenty only applies to original buyer.

Birger

3. Thanks Birger. I know they want to make a buck but 577.00 over the sales price is cruel. I hope no one buys them and they stay there until the shelves are full. Sorry. I must sound rude but It's not fair to others especially when someones name may have been on the list at their store and were ripped off.

Enough complaining. Off to something good.

4. I think this is why for some items they limit sales to one per person. Obviously not with Cameras. :(

5. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    they do it because they can...when there is a hot new toy people do anything to get it...even pay more...good things comes to those who wait...

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    mrdinh is correct. It like new cars. When the mazda rx8 came out last year Mazda sent out a directive to all dealers that they were to not mark up the invoice price because of low availability. I don't think any dealer obeyed that order.

Cheers,