Why Canon is Winning Full-Frame Mirrorless

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I'm sorry I was unclear here, I agree with you.

I can't relate to the idea of helping an international company stay in business. It seems to me that they should be offering the world the kind of products and services at competitive prices to stay in business. If they do that, nobody will have to urge people to buy their products.

The problem for me,. and I suspect many others, is that while they are still trying to build their Z line and S lenses, at this point Nikon still does not offer what some potential customers would want and or absolutely need, and so at that point, the individual is going to look somewhere else for whatever it is....and if another company already offers both a desirable camera body or two or three, and even more importantly, the native lenses available to work with any of those chosen bodies, well.....sure, a lot of people are going to go for the gear that offers just what it is they want and need right now, and, yes, say goodbye to Nikon.....
I'm doing just fine with my Z6/7, my 2 S-lenses and my 2 F-mount lenses + FTZ. Thank you Nikon!

Actually kind of a sad day....
I wish I had the kind $$ required to get one of their Y2K rangefinders when Nikon made a really small limited edition re-make....

Guess these old Olympus rangefinders and my N6006 will have to hold my film shooting fort down...
I completely agree—hence the :D . The "nothing but mirrorless" movement is probably happy, don't ya think?

I completely agree—hence the :D . The "nothing but mirrorless" movement is probably happy, don't ya think?
Well like I said earlier...Nikon has limited funds, so it looks like Nikon made a business decision here. Now where the F6 funds are going are anyone's guess....
Also, the "Nikon 1 System" did not take off as it was hoped.....Hence, it doesn't exist anymore as well...

Well like I said earlier...Nikon has limited funds, so it looks like Nikon made a business decision here. Now where the F6 funds are going are anyone's guess....
Also, the "Nikon 1 System" did not take off as it was hoped.....Hence, it doesn't exist anymore as well...
TBH I am not sure there was any F6 funds. All the investment was done decades ago.
They probably just had marginal manufacturing costs, distribution costs.
1 series was probably a loss making line as they did not have time to recoup their costs.

1 series was probably a loss making line as they did not have time to recoup their costs.
I bought in the '1' as a light travel kit.
Had the J1 body and 2 or 3 lenses.....

But my favorite was the underwater body and lens.....Still have that thing somewhere....

At the time, I really wanted a V1 but I couldn't justify the cost of that body....

I bought in the '1' as a light travel kit.
Had the J1 body and 2 or 3 lenses.....

But my favorite was the underwater body and lens.....Still have that thing somewhere....

At the time, I really wanted a V1 but I couldn't justify the cost of that body....
I had the V1 with 3 lenses and the FT1.
I loved it until I got my Sony Alpha A5000.
I traded the entire kit it and my D7000 for a D7200.
No regrets. It struggled with night photo and Astro photography.
But great for travel.

I had tried V1 with the 600mm F/4 and it was fun.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom