Why do I need Thee(D200)? Let me count the ways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarhento, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Ms. Browning would not mind ......

With all this euphoria over the soon to be announced D200, I thought it would be a good idea to get the pulse over here why we want/need the D200.

Let's center the discussion around the leaked features (true or not) and why such features will improve your photography.

Ready? Let me start...

I like the 12.4meg pixels... this will give me leeway to crop and still get a good quality enlarged pic.

Tell us yours.

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    The built in WiFi will give me the capability to shoot while traveling abroad and allow my family to see the photos come over the internet to my home. :smile:

3. I already have the X so that is all I need however, if I didn't get the X, I would go for the D200 because it has a smaller body than the X. Twelve megs would be a nice feature. Have fun, enjoy it and have fun with it I am anxious to see the features myself :smile:

4. I haven't decided if I will buy one or not but if I do there will only be two reasons for doing so; higher megapixel count and better noise performance at higher ISO. It would be a second body for me to use when doing large family portraits. It seems that almost everyone wants 16x20 or larger.

5. Better noise performance at High ISO will be one of my top three features along with high pixel count and DR.

6. On my list are better noise control at high ISO, higher Mpix count, higher shooting frame rate with larger buffer (at 6 Mpix crop) and better viewfinder than the D100. Also I would love to have wider DR so may be I will wait to see what a Fuji S4 is capable of.

7. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I might think about the D200 if the AF is significantly better than the D70. More megapixels, bigger viewfinder and higher burst speed are also welcome but IMO the only thing I am not fully satisfied with the D70 is the AF system. Just my opinion and I am not a professional. Just a hobbyist.

8. I'm most excited about the CAM2000 AF which fingers crossed will make my 80-400vr a brand new lens! If it performs the way it does on the D2x I'll be a happy camper. And of course more megapixels will allow for better results when cropping, so essential with small bird pics. Flash sync of 1/250 is better than D100, though I wish it had the 1/500 of the D70, but every little bit will help.

The images show everything I'd hoped for--small package, similar in bulk to d100, no built in vertical grip, retains the pop-up flash, huge LCD preview--yippee!!!! :Love:

9. No Grip, No Sale

I will buy it if it is around $2,000 and is at least 8 meg, and has a vertical option. No vertical grip, no sale. You might as well buy a D70. If not, I'll save for a D2X.

10. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Well I need a backup camera that is CLS compatible, I was actually thinking about picking up a D70s after I sell my last D100, but if the D200 has better CLS compatibility and the price it right I think I'll get it instead.

If it really is 12mp, 5fps, and CAM2000 (as the rumors suggest) I might sell the D2x and get two. Don't get me wrong the D2x is probably the best camera I've ever used, but if I can get the same image size/quality and the features that I need in a smaller package the D200 will be better for me.

11. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    i'm jonesin' for a new camera body, it's been two years since my last fix :tongue:

seriously, i don't need one in the thom hogan sense, but i want one for high ISO performance better than my d2h and at a reasonable cost. added resolution will help for those times when i crop the daylights out of a photo.

ricky

12. Callie

Callie Guest

I have my name on the order list -
    Faster frame rate, remote cable socket, now I can try and get the quicksilver bird take-offs.
    No "loose" dial like on the D70 that accidentally move between settings- this has cost me some fine pics, one should always check in which mode the camera is set, but in the heat of the moment, this often does not happen.
    Will most probably have optional vertical grip, nice for large paws.

13. I actually need a higher MP camera for work! I've been winging it for too long already with only 4mp and my competition is getting fierce. I'm even surprised at how many sales I make with just a D2H. If I get a D200 I can possibly double my sales figures. I don't want to blow a wad on D2X either, I think the D200 is more bang for the buck.

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Has there been any speculation as to what the buffer will hold when shooting raw+jpg files at once?