Why I (and I think many others) wont be buying many Z mount lenses for quite a while....

I think that these discussions are so interesting. Thank you all for the friendly participation. I probably won't be buying many of the S lenses unless something really compelling comes out. I am considering the 14-30 although I've never been much of a wide angle shooter. I'm going on a trip with my family and I'm going to use my f mount third party wide angle and see if I can warm up more to wide angle shooting. I had ordered the 14-30 f4 S the other day then decided to cancel until I test out wide angle shooting more with the Tokina 17-35 f4 that I already own. It works with the FTZ but it is a heavy lens. I weigh my purchases very carefully and only buy what I really feel that I will use. I have an 85 f 1.4 D that I love but rarely use. I know that if I buy the 85 f1.8 lens that was announced for the Z cameras yesterday that it won't see much use at all. So if I want to use an 85 mm lens, I will get out the D610 and use the one I already have. It's nice to have so many options.
Hi Terrik. Have you concidered renting the lens to see if is what you want.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom