Why I chose the Z6 as my new camera system for the next 10 years

Having read Richard's explanation about Manual focusing I would like to point out that you do not have to switch from Auto Focus to Manual on a Z6 to manually focus on the nearest point. While still in Auto Focus Mode you can manually override this and when you are happy you can start the focus shift procedure from the Menu.

DG
So the camera won’t try to reacquire focus again, that is good to know

With the lens/camera in AF mode (and the the focus ring assigned to focus via F2) press and hold the Af-On button (set for Back button focus) and turn the focusing ring on the lens—you'll have complete control of the focusing operation along with focus peaking (if it is set up).

Huh.....with my Sonys, I don't have to assign anything; one simply sets the camera to DMF (Direct Manual Focus) as opposed to Manual Focus or Autofocus and then can make fine adjustments manually with the focusing ring after pressing the shutter or the default dedicated back-button focus button to focus automatically. Peaking Focus shows up with the autofocus and intensifies as one adjusts manually. I often don't need to do anything further if the Peaking Focus indicates that I've pretty accurately focused already via autofocus. One can adjust the settings for peaking focus intensity and colors in the menu. The first time I ever saw Peaking Focus was on the NEX 7 and was wowed. It really is a useful features, especially when shooting in manual and/or doing macro!

Thanks, Walter! I found one at half the price, so I wonder if I'm better off going with your choice because Sony might be more reliable.
https://www.amazon.com/Reader-Rocketek-USB3-0-Compatible-Windows/dp/B07VV2Y2KP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2UGHW84X7VYYZ&keywords=xqd+card+reader&qid=1581270357&sprefix=xqd+card,aps,143&sr=8-4

I definitely want a dual slot that also accommodates SD cards. That's because I fear the SD slot built into my computer's card reader might be dying.

I went with the Sony too. Peace of mind.
Reading the description/features of the the Rocketek does not particularly inspire confidence. Yeah, I know how much you love a well written manual Mike!

I'll have to drink to that. I'm thinking a Pinot from Oregon's A to Z winery :D
I'se still got 1941s Pinots and Clarets purchased from Simi Winery in northern California in November 1977. The Pinot must be allowed to set and breathe for around two days once opened and before consuming.

I bit the bullet and ordered a used Z6, FTZ adapter, 64gb XQD, Sony XQD/SD reader and Techart TZE-01 adapter. I'm going to see how I like the Z6 with the latest firmware. I have no intention of buying Z mount lenses though, there's not much that interest me right now. I just want to use my Sony mount glass + F-mount lenses and use it as a universal camera back!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom