Why I like to carry a P&S

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by PhotoByMark, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I like to carry a camera with me all the time. Just got me a little TZ5. This is my first shot of seeing something interesting while out and about. I guess this double wide fell of its wheels or something and ended up blocking the road. Taken from the stop light. Luckily I was turning left.

2812198684_d9f907508a_b.jpg

2. nice shot
    that's why i almost always have my fuji f30d
    i'm looking for a new p&s
    don't know which one

3. Great timing ..... nice shot.

Best,

4. Thanks.

Passed by there tonight. I guess they gave up for the weekend as they just managed to get it off the road but still on its side. Not sure the solution. Bigger, wider trailer perhaps?

As far as choosiing a P&S - it is a tough call. I like my TZ5 - 10x zoom , semi-wide 28mm, Leica lens, IS, and still small enough to carry in a pocket. I do wish I had manual controls and less noise at higher ISO but I still like it. I am curious about the newly announced Canon SX 110 IS. 10x zoom, IS, manual controls. I might get one of these too. Canon G10 coming soon as well as the Panasonic Lumix LX3. So many to choose from, I guess I cannot buy them all, especially since I would like to get a D300 or its successor.