Why I Love B&H

Bought a piece of audio gear from them last week. Noticed this week the price had dropped about 30%. As a long time customer who's spent a lot there over the years (mainly because of the Cafe, so I blame you all collectively for making me want more stuff :ROFLMAO: ) I sent them an email asking if they could issue a credit. Within an hour I got a nice email saying they were refunding the difference to my account. I'm sure in the long run I will spend it buying more stuff from them anyway.

I've always been happy with B&H and it's the first place I look for gear, but I guess in this case couldn't you have purchased the item again at the lower price and returned the one you received for a full refund, as a consequence of their liberal return policy? Issuing a credit is probably easiest for everyone concerned. Of course, not every company would do it, or even bother to answer your email.

I've always been happy with B&H and it's the first place I look for gear, but I guess in this case couldn't you have purchased the item again at the lower price and returned the one you received for a full refund, as a consequence of their liberal return policy? Issuing a credit is probably easiest for everyone concerned. Of course, not every company would do it, or even bother to answer your email.
I could have returned it, but it's a subwoofer and pretty big. So it saves everyone some hassles. Their quick response was impressive, but better than a few other vendors/contractors we've been dealing with on other home issues.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
For soon-to-be-released items or products in high demand, I use Murphy's Camera, which for me, has been more responsive than District Camera. But for "standard" purchases, B&H is my go-to store. There is not a camera store of substance within 200 miles of me.......other wise I would happily support a local business.

JLH

For soon-to-be-released items or products in high demand, I use Murphy's Camera, which for me, has been more responsive than District Camera. But for "standard" purchases, B&H is my go-to store. There is not a camera store of substance within 200 miles of me.......other wise I would happily support a local business.
Murphy's is close to where I live, in fact I was in one of their stores just today. They have three or four branches close to where I live here in Louisville with the headquarters in Lexington, not far away. They have many long time employees whom I have worked with for over ten years and know well. They are honest, helpful and always take good care of me with advice and fair deals. I have also used B&H for more years than I can remember and have always been happy with them.

I am sure there are other great places to go but these are the two big ones for me due to past experiences.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I’ve been using Service Photo in Baltimore for my most recent Nikon acquisitions. The Nikon NPS pre-orders I have placed through them have always been filled in the first wave. I used Adorama for my FlashPoint XPLOR lights (rebranded Godox with USA warranty).

I’ve been using Service Photo in Baltimore for my most recent Nikon acquisitions. The Nikon NPS pre-orders I have placed through them have always been filled in the first wave. I used Adorama for my FlashPoint XPLOR lights (rebranded Godox with USA warranty).
I have driven up to SP a few times. A bit of a hike and hunting for a parking spot for me. When I can I try to give them some business on principle - basically I never leave empty handed even if I just get something small than I may already have anyway. Got a used Nikon 14-24/2.8 there and some Pocket Wizard gear etc.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom