Why is it rainy on gamedays?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Today...the weather is stunningly beautiful. You couldn't ask for better conditions to shoot baseball pictures. Unfortunately, the game was yesterday, when it was cloudy and drizzling rain.:frown:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    just cause

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Jeff it's the baseball gods....They are just not settled yet..It is frustrating I know it really
    has been the same around here..We just got lucky a couple days and got some games in.

4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Yesterday was an important conference game, which our team won. Definetly should have went and made photos. But I just couldn't get away, and it was drizzling rain. Apparently, the game wasn't called, cause they still played.
    Hopefully, I can do some Track & Field ...photography that is...this weekend.:smile:

5. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois

Me too..Sons track meet tomorrow if it doesn't rain...I hate rain.

6. I hear ya Jeff! The weather gods haven't been too kind this year out here in the NW :frown:

First nice day today in 2-3 weeks and brought gear to game. My son plays on the HS team and the game was a nail-biter and his photog/Dad got caught up watching the game and didn't take too many pics...DOH!

Oh well, the sun was shining :smile:

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    That happened to me last year. My daughter is catcher on her fastpitch softball team. Last year, they made it all the way the state championship game. They were #2, playing a team that had been #1 all year. They beat #1 team, first game! (2 out of 3 series). Then lost the 2nd.
    Midway thru the third, I put the camera away, went and sat down to watch.
    I got too involved, couldn't concentrate on taking photos. Our team lost, but losing to the best team in the state isn't all that bad.

8. I really "feel" for ya, Jeff. Same thing often happens to me when I spend a ton of money (to me) to buy lenses and accessories to take on a trip and it rains practically the duration of the excursion.:frown: Something about the gods, I think!:biggrin:

9. in Charlotte it almost never rains on game day
    seriously
    now it's often too bright for my 30d but i got the d200 for those day
    seriously again