WHY?! Just Typical!

Discussion in 'People' started by Firestorm_westy, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 1000s of £s of photo stuff, and yet all I had with me when I saw the opportunity was the 'phone ('Cell' to you guys!) Typical!

Still, pretty pleased with the results!

I hope you can see what I would have been trying to do - Had I remembered to put the camera in the car!

Paul

[​IMG]

2. I know exactly what you mean. I saw Elvis getting into a UFO the other day, and I didn't even have cell phone camera with me. And now, because I don't have a picture to prove it, no one will believe me! From now on, I'm going to carry a camera everywhere I go!

Thats a great shot....a real keeper. Very nice for a cell phone. Those things are getting pretty high tech these days.

3. Goes to show, it's not the camera, it's the photographer that makes great shots. Great shot. I'm also impressed by the quality of the camera. Amazing!

4. Thanks Miriam - It is only a Nokia 2 megapixel thing, but seems fine up to 6x4 in good light... It saved me today, althought I would have prefered to have the D200 + 17-55 to hand!

5. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    I know what you mean about not bringing your gear - wish I had a M8 as my walk around :smile:

6. It would be nice, but I could NEVER justify that one to the wife (The 70-200vr has hard enough!)

Paul

7. Paul, instead of thinking what you didn't get, think about the shot you DID get!! This is precious..... at least you had something to shoot it with....

8. That is a very positive way to look at it Sandi - Thanks

9. Paul, isn't that funny...what a great image...one that you'll cherish...if for nothing else than to remind you of exactly what Miriam said...

Great job...bravo!

10. John - I am pretty happy with it, just wish I could print it bigger than 6x4! - Caitlin loves the idea that she is going so fast, and her little sister isn't btw!

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Excellent Paul. That is exactly how I spent my day today

12. Thanks Fred - The usual Sunday for me!

13. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    very nice! i need to upgrade my phone cam, my .3 "megapixel" is no backup.

14. They are pretty amazing now - The new Se phones in the UK now have an autofocus 3 megapixel camera, with optical zoom!

Not bad for those 'bugger I forgot the camera moments!'

15. There are loads of pocket cameras under $300 that would so super for shots like this when you dont want to lug a heavy bag with you.

Pretty good shot with a cell though...

16. I'm with Brian on this one. I've got a little Canon SD300 which I carry everywhere I go, even to the corner store... just in case that 'once in a lifetime' shot happens. I has 60 FPS video as well. I can record bird calls and extract the audio file from the AVI file. Some of my favourite kayaking shots have been taken with it. If I had kids as cute as yours, I'd race to get one and always have it in my pocket! 8x10 prints are no problem at all.

You can then use the video and photo files to make a little movie for far away relatives and post it up 640x480 on half-lime.com. Very simple process using Windows MovieMaker - Jarrell taught me how to do this.

17. I have a coolpix 5900 which I should really carry with me. I think I will now!