why me :( ..70-200vr

:cry: :cry:
Finally, it arrived....I've been saving ...and saving...and...( well you get the picture!!!)..
the brown truck pulls up...I rush to open the box....there it is in all it's glory..a new shiny 50lbs lens...I mean a Nikon 70-200 vr...'awesome baby'
BUT THEN :( I hook it up,,and nothing...the view finder is as dark as a cave..can;t see my white puppy to even zoom in on...the geese outside in the sun, are faintly visible...40 quick shots...not a 1 in focus...BUMMER...\
The silver lining is a bought it from a reputable dealer..( dont want to give the name..but the initials are B AND H....)
They are going to take care of it...
a sad day...a typical day..on cloud nine one minute..in the dumper the next..
Peace...y'all...I gotta go..my tears are messing up the keyboard :cry:
ken

Ken,

I am really sorry to hear that the vendor with two initials sent you a lemon. Here's hoping the next one is perfect. My husband purchased my SB800 and 10.5mm fisheye along with two 2 gigabyte compact flash cards.

They are very reputable and like someone said in another thread either here or on DPR, you never know what happens to our lenses after they leave the shop. The little brown truck or white truck may not be so kind to our precious packages. Hope everything is resolved soon.

Crystall

I agree with Nate, that it sounds like an aperture lever issue or perhaps even an issue with the electrical contacts. I would do the following 2 tests if you have not packed it up yet.

1. Take off both caps so you can see through the lens. Looking from the back with the contacts down you should see a lever that will actuate the aperture blads on the left side. Be sure this works.
2. Clean the contacts on the lens. There have been cases I have heard of where these were dirty enough, perhaps just from storage, that good electrical contact could not be made. The easiest way to do this is to use a pencial eraser on each contact.
3. Yeah, I know I said 2 but I just thought of this one. Be sure that the lens is well seated and that the aperture lever in your camera is not bent either.
4. Oh, and yet one more. Flick the M M/A switch back and forth to be sure it is working as well.

But it does sound more like the aperture lever in one way or another.

Good luck.

tried a few things

went over some of those things with the rep from the store...the lens seems extremely slow to focus, compared to my kit lens...after 30 shots or so I did get a err,,message..took the lens off , look at the contact etc...played with the switches, etc..but nothing we did helped...my biggest fear is the box was somewhat damaged ( the outer box),,and I am wondering if the package may have been jarred in a manner that messed up the lens..ALL the other lens in my arsenal work perfectly ..that is really what had me confused..thanks for all the replies..will keep everyone up to date ..
Peace...ken :)

Re: tried a few things

KEN S. said:
went over some of those things with the rep from the store...Peace...ken :)

That is a real bummer, Ken. Figured I'd just state what I would do, glad that the store rep had you go through that stuff as well.

Hopefully they are shipping you one "Toots-Sweet" faster-than-lighing so you don't have to wait for shipping back to them for the turn-around.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom