1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Why no Auto???????????

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by stanjan0, Jul 13, 2008.

1. If this isn't the proper thread please direct me.

My question is why do you think that Zeiss hasn't produced an auto lens, to fit a Nikon or any camera surely they have the expertise. I realize that they are a smaller company then Nikon but, you would think technology should demand an auto!!! :confused: 

With the answer below then why not for Nikon as they produce a mount to fit Nikon's???
    Thank you Daniel for your quick response.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  2. They have, for Sony (SA mount).

3. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    Licensing issue?

May be they have to pay a fee to Nikon to get the AF APIs and they are not ready to?

4. ora-et-labora

ora-et-labora

Mar 15, 2008
    Earth
    I heard that they have to re-engineer the AF stuff, and they decided that they will offer only products based on "official" information. But I guess that they will protect their collaboration with Sony (AF and Zeiss? Get a Sony DSLR!).

Nethertheless, I am VERY HAPPY with my MF Zeiss lenses. It's simply a pleasure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.