Why not also Great Falls in Virginia?

Anyone interested July 26, Saturday? If we all did it in Md, why not this time in Va. side...Are we on? Just a suggestion..:biggrin:
sal

Hi Sal

Wish I could go! Unfortunately I don't think my other half would like it if I left for a day in VA after having returned home from a week's stay in Georgia the week before. I'm leaving for GA tomorrow and won't be back home until the 23rd or 24th.

Bet some others will want to go with you, though.

Hi Sal

Wish I could go! Unfortunately I don't think my other half would like it if I left for a day in VA after having returned home from a week's stay in Georgia the week before. I'm leaving for GA tomorrow and won't be back home until the 23rd or 24th.

Bet some others will want to go with you, though.
Got 2 days of rest after...try to make it anyways...Have fun in Ga.:biggrin:
sal

Hi Sal,

VA side is nice, but can get crowded later in the day. You guys tempted me this weekend, but could not get it together for early morning. Maybe the 2th will work out better for me.

I went to River Bend Park just NW of GFs on VA side Sunday afternoon.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/Riverbend/riverinfo.htm

I heard it was not far from GF ParkThis is about 2-3 miles upstream and somewhat of a hike down. In fact the main visitor center lot there was full at 2pm and I had to go to the nature center. The river is pretty tranquil here and they have a boat ramp for kayakers, fishermen, etc.

Hi Sal,

VA side is nice, but can get crowded later in the day. You guys tempted me this weekend, but could not get it together for early morning. Maybe the 2th will work out better for me.

I went to River Bend Park just NW of GFs on VA side Sunday afternoon.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/Riverbend/riverinfo.htm

I heard it was not far from GF ParkThis is about 2-3 miles upstream and somewhat of a hike down. In fact the main visitor center lot there was full at 2pm and I had to go to the nature center. The river is pretty tranquil here and they have a boat ramp for kayakers, fishermen, etc.
John - we can do that too on Aug.2nd early morning just to beat the heat in GF Va. side or River Bend Park....I know where that park is. A mile away from the entrance of GF.....I'm really opened to which one we can go to.
sal

I had a great time this past Sunday but I'm going to pass on this. I would like to get together for a fall shoot when the leaves have changed color and it's cooler. I'll keep a look out for a fall shoot and if I don't see one, I'll suggest it.

I was over on the Virginia side after we got done and I think the Maryland side has more shooting op's than the Virginia side. There wasn't much to see other than the main falls section from the three overlooks. There were no pools or small falls between the islands like on the Maryland side.

There are also spots where you can go close to the river, but it's quite a hike though. I guess for those who hasn't seen yet the other side.
For the Fall Shoot, I'm game...Let's keep that in mind.
:wink:

Sal:
Can't make this one. As you know, I will be in Alaska :biggrin:, giving my camera a hearty workout, further expanding on my use of the GND and ND filters, and hopefully, getting some great shots to share. Hope you guys have a good time. Looking forward to seeing what you all capture. I will keep an eye out for another get together once I get back. Like Jeff, I defintely would be up for a fall get together.

Sharon

Sal, are you still planning on a shoot at GF Sat. 7/26? I've finally got some free time this weekend and would love to meet up, especially early.
I was planning to go back to GF, MD this Saturday with a buddy of mine....You're most welcome to join us..I still believe that's there's more beautiful spots there...Let me know.. I plan to be there again between 6am-615am...:wink:

Was talking to CrystallP yesterday, and we were talking about GF this Sat - see you guys there, hopefully at 6am. We were also talking about heading over to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (other side of DC) or north to the Lilypons Water Gardens in the mid morning.
Jeffrey

We were also talking about heading over to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (other side of DC)
Jeffrey
I finally saw where this place is. Coming south on I295 I always see the sign for it, but never went there. Well, a about two weeks ago I was riding Ambulance 19 and we ran a medical emergency there. I'm surprised to see where it is. I would have never expected that to be there.

The one NPS employee told me that they recently had a photo contest. He also told me that they were very receptive to photographers.

I finally saw where this place is. Coming south on I295 I always see the sign for it, but never went there. Well, a about two weeks ago I was riding Ambulance 19 and we ran a medical emergency there. I'm surprised to see where it is. I would have never expected that to be there.

The one NPS employee told me that they recently had a photo contest. He also told me that they were very receptive to photographers.
Let's make this happen in our next shoot; just a thought:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom