Why Someone Switched from Nikon to Sony and His Thoughts on Nikon Z Cameras

As a Nikon and Sony shooter myself, that guy is a paid Sony shill! In all honesty, I don't like Sony glass all that much. In fact I'm in the process of most likely selling my Sony lenses and stick to adapting my Nikon glass instead.

Saying that, I think I prefer the A7III over the Z6. It just ticks all the boxes for me.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I cant believe Sony allowed this in print, to me so clearly a paid for piece, written by someone else then the purported author just for marketing purposes.

One major rule in marketing is to never trash a competitor and never to be negative, it shows to me that Sony is quite concerned...

Personally, I was all set to buy a Cannon Rebel after all the great reviews from the photo rags of the time. I when to the store and held it in my hands and thought this is a piece of s**t. Who make a camera with a plastic lens mount? I picked up the competitors camera sitting next to it that was similarly priced and thought this is built a thousand times better; thus I purchased it. The Nikon N6006 with it's legendary lens mount. What I quickly realized was I purchased into a system and not a simple camera and Nikon knows that and values that.

How many Canon mounts are there and what's the compatibility matrix for them? How many Sony mirrorless mounts are there? and it already seems like the current Sony mount is already outdated and could use a redesign.

Personally, I trust that Nikon has put a lot of thought into the Z-Mount and that it will outlast my lifetime. The Z-Mount is a system and not a camera. Nikon has also made it very easy for F-Mount users to transition to the Z-Mount.

Real Name
Ken
I cant believe Sony allowed this in print, to me so clearly a paid for piece, written by someone else then the purported author just for marketing purposes.

One major rule in marketing is to never trash a competitor and never to be negative, it shows to me that Sony is quite concerned...
I guess my thoughts are more along the line of Nick's - clickbait. These "I switched" articles crop up often enough and are designed to maximize traffic in conjunction with the blogger's new sponsorship. Some are more tame with respect to the abandoned brand, and others are a bit more dramatic. It's all part of the social media marketing machine, and I suspect the definition of "trashing" has been greatly watered down. I am inclined to believe that the blogger wrote the piece and may have cleared it with his contact at Sony. It is why I do not put much stock in these brand ambassadors, as for many, their loyalty is only as good as their last paycheck.

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom