Why You Have To Wait Until There Has Been Sufficient Real World Use

Given that these guys review everything from cars to laptops to fancy laser hair combs, I don't think I will give much weight to their remarks. I'm looking forward to reviews from mainline photography websites.

My point was not whether this is a review worth relying on. To the contrary: my point was that you can't jump to conclusions until you try the camera - and especially the features in which you are interested - or you read thorough reviews by persons you trust. Right or wrong - and the reviewer said this was preliminary - the article at least raised questions about such things as video and the lens that make it prudent to take a "wait and see" approach. Hands-on evaluations not only look at what is written about in advance but what is not.

I think the body of the camera incorporates enough features from existing cameras that we can be pretty confident about such things as better high-ISO than the D80. However, if the meter, video or the lens are critical to your final decision, I'd wait.

I agree that the CNet article was helpful in pointing out the complexities of holding the camera while manually focusing and zooming. I hadn't thought about that, and it does sound a bit awkward.

I'm very interested in this camera for the incredible video quality. If I'm not mistaken unless one is willing to spend 10's of thousands there are no video equipment with such a large quality sensor. This would truly be ground breaking. It would be nice to have AF but I can live without it.
I'm looking for a small 2nd body that's DX and this may fit the bill esp if it is the IQ equivalent of the D300.

Latest threads

Top Bottom