Wide angle florals

Hacking around the yard with my new 20/2.8. It's interesting to see the difference in perspective it gives.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9643
View attachment 9644

Frank,

Nice colors too...I'm headed out to my yard with my 20mm right now :) I hadn't thought of doing cloeups like these...

Best to you,
Gaye

Uncle Frank....where do you live, Eden? Beautiful images and within a few feet of the backdoor. I haven't shot close-ups in ages...I may need to buy a new lens real soon. Keep them coming, Uncle Frank.

UF - we all knew you would show us how to use the wretched thing. It does give a different perspective doesn't it? BTW - I have a 20/4 AI which is even sharper and has equally good color/contrast. Do you make any adjustment in PP for the distortion in the lens?

We typically give little to no thought to bokeh on wide angle lenses but is a prominent feature of your shots. What's your impression?

Vernon t said:
We typically give little to no thought to bokeh on wide angle lenses but is a prominent feature of your shots. What's your impression?
The background's blurred enough to isolate the subject from the background. As far as the character of the blur, I don't think the 20/2.8 is a threat to the 85/1.4 8).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom