Wide angle florals

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Uncle Frank, May 29, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Frank,

Nice colors too...I'm headed out to my yard with my 20mm right now :) I hadn't thought of doing cloeups like these...

Best to you,
    Gaye

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Uncle Frank....where do you live, Eden? Beautiful images and within a few feet of the backdoor. I haven't shot close-ups in ages...I may need to buy a new lens real soon. Keep them coming, Uncle Frank.

3. Hi UF,

I especially like the first image. The contrasting colors are awesome.

4. Very nice Frank. I prefer #3 myself. The trick with wide angle is either a really wide vista, or be real close to a subject to fill up the frame, just like you did! ;-)

5. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    UF - we all knew you would show us how to use the wretched thing. It does give a different perspective doesn't it? BTW - I have a 20/4 AI which is even sharper and has equally good color/contrast. Do you make any adjustment in PP for the distortion in the lens?

6. Looks great with little distortion, excellent lens for florals.

7. We typically give little to no thought to bokeh on wide angle lenses but is a prominent feature of your shots. What's your impression?

8. BTW someone with high level security clearance needs to add "bokeh" to spell-cow!

9. The background's blurred enough to isolate the subject from the background. As far as the character of the blur, I don't think the 20/2.8 is a threat to the 85/1.4 8).