Wierd Hummingbird.

This young one looks like he is pointing, dug this one out of the pictures from last year, past by it then but on a second look I think it could be a keeper.

20846797-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Martin

Martin, I would say that this is a keeper for sure. I don't think I've seen a hummer shot where the wings were beating out of sync.

Interesting.

Frank

Flew said:
Martin, I would say that this is a keeper for sure. I don't think I've seen a hummer shot where the wings were beating out of sync.

Interesting.

Frank

The wings will be out of sync when there turning but most of the time it just looks like a twisted ball of feathers and is not very photogenic, here is my favorite out of sync, I call it Quick Turn.

15201958-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for the comment.

Martin

OK Martin, enough is enough!!

You are giving me a serious inferiority complex. 8)

I've just got to try this out. I know I'll never get anything like yours, but man, these are great!! I know that you've given your set-up before, but would you mind repeating it again?

Thanks,

Frank

beaucamera said:
Boy, were you in the right place at the right time! Which lens were you using, Martin, and what were the shooting conditions? Great shot!

Hi Virginia, thanks for the comment.

I used the 70-300 ED and probably three flashes, I would have been sitting comfortably in a chair on my back deck in the shade camera in hand waiting for them to come around, about every twenty minutes a hummer would show up and you had to be ready if I was moving around when they came around the corner they would turn and go to a feeder at the front of the house. I was about five feet from the feeder.

Hummingbird

Hi Martin,

Very nice catch. I know they can be hard to photograph. Thanks for sharing. It is early in the season here, but I have had at least one visit my feeder. :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom