Wife Portrait

Stobist setup with some ebay triggers and had my wife stand in. CC encouraged. This is probably my 3rd or 4th time in a studio type setup..so still trying to figure out what these lights do :)

rosalie_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice lighting, pose and exposure of your subject. However her dark hair could use a bit of hairlight. For me, the background is very busy and she is a little close to the background. Still a very good photo, she really 'has the look'.

I don't know anything about studio's but I like this photo. Do your wife give fashion advice? I could use some. :biggrin:

Something tells me your wife has done some modeling as she really knows how to connect with the camera.

To critique, the detail in her hair is almost completely missing. I agree with Charles on the need for a hair-light, or if shot RAW, maybe a masked Curve or Levels layer with some selective brightening would do the trick. I am also in agreement with Charles on the BG - just a bit too bright, but I do love the way the BG colors compliment her shirt.

IMO this is a very good image - nice work by the "model" and the photographer. :smile:

You are too modest, my friend! What an amazing shot! The background rocks, the lighting is spectacular and your wife, if I may say so, is stunning! I really like what you did.

very nice shot & light setup

thank

Nice lighting, pose and exposure of your subject. However her dark hair could use a bit of hairlight. For me, the background is very busy and she is a little close to the background. Still a very good photo, she really 'has the look'.

I agree about the hair...afterwards I thought I should have added a hairlight. It's all about experience :)

I don't know anything about studio's but I like this photo. Do your wife give fashion advice? I could use some. :biggrin:

I'm sure my wife will give fasion advice if you want. I think her secret is that even though she is mid 30s and has had 2 kids she still shops in the Junior section.

Something tells me your wife has done some modeling as she really knows how to connect with the camera.

To critique, the detail in her hair is almost completely missing. I agree with Charles on the need for a hair-light, or if shot RAW, maybe a masked Curve or Levels layer with some selective brightening would do the trick. I am also in agreement with Charles on the BG - just a bit too bright, but I do love the way the BG colors compliment her shirt.

IMO this is a very good image - nice work by the "model" and the photographer. :smile:

She has actually never modeled before. I did shoot in raw...I will go back and try to fix the hair issue. The backdrop is pretty busy..I was trying to simulate vintage wallpaper. Thanks for the comments!

You are too modest, my friend! What an amazing shot! The background rocks, the lighting is spectacular and your wife, if I may say so, is stunning! I really like what you did.

Thank you....she is half PhillipIno if you didnt know :)

There's hope for me then? I felt kind of silly being a mom to 2 and near mid 30s and be shopping in the Junior section! I'm relieved to hear that's it's okay not having to look like a tent with flower applications once we mature. lol

cut off some of the headroom for a more pleasing compo :)

How's this one? I cropped in a little more

2713097230_e6c24f161b_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom