Wife Portraits, 105mm VR

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Softliter II and Sb600 in an umbrella for lighting. Comments appreciated.

2. Nice series Joshua. Nothing like a pretty live in model.

3. Joshua, one thing for sure is you have a beautiful wife.
    You made good use of the 105 vr along with your pp ability to create wonderful shots of this lovely lady.

I am not sure about the placement of the hands on the chair, they seem to be distracting from a otherwise fine series of shots.

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Darrell. How could I better position her hands? Just leave them out of frame?

You got that right, Roy!

5. Awesome series Joshua. I really like the soft lighting.

6. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Wow, yet another excellent series of your beautiful wife. I think #3 just gorgeous. I'm with Keith, I love the soft lighting.

7. great work & a beautiful model, but is that really your wife....

8. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Very nice shots (and wife of course :smile:)

I see you did some skin treatment is processing them. I find that it is a neccessity with the 105VR to soften the skin as it has a habit of showing every pore and blemish, regardless how minor.

9. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I have "given up" on the 105VR for portraiture 'cos of my 28-70 and 85/1.4. After seeing these images I think it is time for a "revisit".

Lovely images of your beautiful wife. She must be mighty pleased with this series.

10. These are very nice! You both should be very happy with these. Excellent lighting!

11. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Wonderful shots, showing some of the capabilities of the 105mm VR!!!

12. Your wife is such a good sport Josh. Great series. The lighting is sweet and you are putting that lens to great use..

13. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Keith, the softliter really does a good job here.

Thanks, Fred.

Haha, yeah I know...It still makes me wonder. I think I married way outta my league. Hope she doesnt find out.

Yes, I tend to soften, especially on my sharper lenses...the 105mm VR is very sharp, which I prefer for te eyes and lips.

She likes them. I finally bought the 105mm VR after Nikon didnt announe an 85mm repalcement at PMA. There has to be an AFS version coming soon...until the, the 105mm will do nicely. It even makes a great macro lens :biggrin:

Thanks Woody, lighting was 2 sb600s, one in a Softliter II and the other in an umbella

Thanks.

I love this lens...one of my favorites now.

14. Wow! You're a lucky guy!

I am going to go against my norm and go on record stating that the color shots are beautiful. Especially the first 2.

15. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow Josh ...these are over the top..your skills do your lovely wife justice...;-))

16. Your wife is very pretty and you have captured that. My favorite is the last one.

17. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Greg...I know how much you like BW , so thats a real compliment!

Thanks, Nute!

Thanks, Gordon.
    Thats a great Link, I missed it earlier, so I'm glad to have it now...I appreciate it!

18. Hey Joshua, you are killing me with these wonderful images of your wife!!!

Simply beautiful work!

M<y fave is the last photograph............. maybe it's my affinity with the horizontal!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

19. Josh, these are fantastic! The last one is my favorite. What PP did you do? I've been trying to get that look for a while and haven't figured it out yet...