Wife Portraits, 105mm VR

G

Gr8Tr1x

Josh, these are fantastic! The last one is my favorite. What PP did you do? I've been trying to get that look for a while and haven't figured it out yet...

I use a simple technique that I found in Scott Kelby's Photoshop CS2 for Photographers.

All I do is adjust the image for color, contrast and saturation first. Then duplicate the layer, and apply a serious gaussian blur to the top layer. Reduce the opacity to about 40%...to taste. I then add a layer mask to the top layer, then paint out the eyes and mouth with a thick soft brush to 100% and let the bottom show thru. I then lower the opacity on the brush and brush some detail back into hair and clothing.

I use a simple technique that I found in Scott Kelby's Photoshop CS2 for Photographers.

All I do is adjust the image for color, contrast and saturation first. Then duplicate the layer, and apply a serious gaussian blur to the top layer. Reduce the opacity to about 40%...to taste. I then add a layer mask to the top layer, then paint out the eyes and mouth with a thick soft brush to 100% and let the bottom show thru. I then lower the opacity on the brush and brush some detail back into hair and clothing.

Most excellent! I will give that a try...thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom