Wild Bergamot

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dmwphoto, Sep 17, 2005.

1. This interesting plant caught my eye. Blooming in early July in the West Virginia mountains. Wild Bergamot.
    [​IMG]

2. Very interesting plant. I like this shot and would like to see more of this subject.

3. Thanks for your input. I appreciate the feedback. Here is a similar type of wildflower known as Bee Balm or oswego tea.
    [​IMG]

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy Dave, you are on a roll :>))

Beautiful flowers and well done.

5. thanks so much Gale. These are images taken in July. I have not used the camera much since then, but fall is just around the corner and I pln to do a bunch then. I appreciate your taking the time to look and comment. i alway enjoy a good VR VR VR smile :^)

6. Something unusual - at least for me. I like the intricate pattern it draws and - most of all - the delicate hues.

7. Christian,
    I genuinly appreciate your input. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts. The delicate hues are one of the main draws for me as well.
    Dave

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave,

The first one almost remsebles a Passion Flower. Very beautiful.

I love nature. You do capture it well :>))

Look foward to tons of foliage images from you beautiful part of the country.

9. I have heard about these flowers since people of Lorraine area (France) use them to perfum candies called with the same name. But I never see one. As Christian has already said, very interesting pattern and delicates hues. Thanks for sharing.

10. Dao
    Your feedback is well regarded. thank you.

11. Dave -

Nice pair of photos here!

I know the "Bee Balm" version of bergamot - it has a spicy, somewhat citrus-like aroma and beautiful blooms.

Does the wild version have the same smell?

Eric

12. yes Eric, very similar. thanks for taking the time to comment

13. Both images are cool but like the second the best.

14. Dave you always have some nice wild plants, very well compose and sharp, bergamot is also use to perfumed Earl Grey tea.

15. Very nice....love those delicate colors :smile:

16. Really interesting shots Dave, really like the composition and how you handled the shot. Beautifully done!!