1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wild Flowers in Bloom at Vermilion Lakes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mad Hatter, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Thanks for viewing.

Camera: D200
    Lens: 10-20 Sigma

[​IMG]

2. beautiful shot
    i'd love to see an even bigger version

well done
    thanks for sharing

3. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Excellent shot, you have captured a moment in the life of a mountain.

4. gnohz

gnohz

Apr 7, 2009
    SG
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but this is a great shot!! Just wondering, is it part of the Vermilion Lakes all the way in from the main road? I only had the opportunity to be nearer to the lakes that was just below the highway so I was wondering :) 

5. gnohz

gnohz

Apr 7, 2009
    SG
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but this is a great shot!! Just wondering, is it part of the Vermilion Lakes all the way in from the main road? I only had the opportunity to be nearer to the lakes that was just below the highway so I was wondering :) 

6. Wow that shot makes me want to go back. What month was this taken in. We went in the fall and the weather was not so good.

7. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Excellent!

8. I didn't realize this got bumped up. Thanks for viewing and commenting everyone.

This was... ah jeez... the first vermilion lake I think. To access it if you're approaching Banff from the west take your first exit, and hang right immediately after you leave the #1.

James this was taken late in july. There's no wildflowers in fall but things are far more civilized to say the least near the end of september. Everything is still open, Columbia icefields, Lake minnewanka boat tour and such, but way, way fewer people. You don't get to see the wildflowers but you do get to see the fall colours, nice tradeoff. And you can enjoy yourself far better. The weather can suck just about anytime during the summer, I believe we got some snow in august this year. It's really nice right now though.

FYI if anyone's interested this one won honourable mention at the calgary stampede western photo gallery this summer.

9. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    Really nice! I visited Banff for the first time this past summer and would go again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.