1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wild Foals

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by davidwcramer, Jul 29, 2009.

1. These two female foals were born a day apart, and have been inseparable, making them a lot of fun to photograph.

D300 with 80-400mm @ 80mm, 1/1600, f8, iso 400, ev -0.67

[​IMG]

2. Great capture, David. They are so cute. I'd just like to give them an apple and a rub on the head. Thanks for sharing them.

3. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    oh they are soooo cute, great shot!

4. Thanks Tom and Lisa. Your comments are much appreciated.

5. Very nice shot David!

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    I find these beautiful animals entrancing! Always look forward to your fine posts David!

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Cute shot David!

8. Nice! I'd probably have titled it "Beavis and Butthead!" :biggrin:

Paul

9. Thanks folks! Paul - that would be a good title!

10. 200% priceless! Absolutely gorgeous! David, we always love your photography! And you know Mariam - she'd have her room completely plastered with your photos if she could!

11. quest4quail

quest4quail

Jul 6, 2009
    Clovis, NM
    Looks like two buddies for sure. Are you photographing these wild horses in NM?

12. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Only problem I see with this shot is that there is only ONE shot! As always, David, beautifully done.

13. Thanks, all.

I photograph wild horses in several areas of NM. These two are part of the herd around Placitas, on BLM land. It's a herd of 60-75 horses that have been living out there for decades, and many of them have become habituated to humans due to living in such close proximity.

The "wilder" horses that I photograph are in the designated federal wild horse management areas, such as in the Jicarilla and the Bordo Atravesado.

14. quest4quail

quest4quail

Jul 6, 2009
    Clovis, NM
    Had to look up Bordo Atravesado, living here all my life I thought I knew e very place in NM, lol. Then I found out is was on WSMR, no way for me to get there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.