Wild Horse Images, June 4

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by davidwcramer, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Here are a collection of images from the past few days. I haven't been out to see them as much as I organized a fundraiser for our local wildhorse group at the local gallery, which was held on Saturday, and took up alot of my time. We had some twenty artists donate work to be in a silent auction, and I sold prints and cards. Overall, we raised over two thousand dollars, which will be used for needed fence repair. Most importantly, we raised awareness about the needs of the horses.

Evening shot with mountain vista.
    [​IMG]

High crop of two stallions having a tussle.
    [​IMG]

A mare and her male foal
    [​IMG]

And the stallion of their small pack.
    [​IMG]

Female foal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunset silouhettes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shooter

Shooter

May 7, 2007
    New York
    very nice shots where were they taken?

3. Thanks Shooter. There horses belong to several packs that live around my village of Placitas, New Mexico, between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Mostly they roam BLM land and Native American Pueblos. They are fairly "habituated" to humans, but still prefer to keep their distance.

4. David, another great series, love them all.

Louie

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow you got a fantastic set out this time David.
    All really great

Good to hear the fund raising went well.

6. WOW, I just can't get enough of your beautiful wild horses! Every photo is just beautiful! Keep em comin when you can!

7. Thanks Louie!

Much appreciated Gale. We had a good turn out and people were interested in helping, so our goal was accomplished.

Thanks Dianne. I certainly will keep 'em comin'.

8. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    I'm glad your wonderful series can help its subjects. Keep up the great work, David!

9. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Another beautiful series!

10. Thanks Nancy and Gloria!

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    What a pleasure to watch these beautiful shots. I love the one with the family in the sunset watching you.

12. Thanks Torben. The horse on the left, with her foal next to her, are they same two in the third image.

13. David, I can't think of a better way to raise awareness than your images. Well done as always. I love the story your shots tell. Hope all is well with you. I just returned from being at Big Sur and Carmel. We stayed at the Carmel Valley Horse ranch but never saw a horse!!!

14. Wonderful as usual, David. The mountain in the BG in #1 adds so much, and the philly and colt are sooo cute.

15. That is a very nice series of shots. Great catch, on that second one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.