Wild Horse Update, July 7, Part Two

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by davidwcramer, Jul 7, 2007.

1. These images are from four small packs that roam the lands around my village of Placitas.

The red stallion. A big, solid healthy horse with a pack of three mares, a yearling, and a new foal. Here he is with one of the mares and her yearling. The mare is just about to drop another baby.

The black stallion. He generally has three mares, a couple of yearlings, and a new baby. I say generally, because they often steal mares from one another.

One of his mares with her foal.

And here is the foal on her back.

The white stallion. He also has a few mares, three yearlings, and a new baby. Here he is overlooking my village.

And here he is with a mare and her foal.

And here are two of the yearlings (male on left, female on right). The male will most likely be kicked out in the coming year.

There is one other pack near my home, the bay stallion. He's a young stallion trying to start his own pack. He has one mare with a new baby, and he often adds another mare or two, only to lose them within a few days. This image were posted recently, but to refresh your memory, here he is.

In Part Three of these posts, I'll show you my new find.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  2. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Another beautiful set. I love the one of the white stallion overlooking the landscape.
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  4. David, no matter how many horse photos you post, we never get tired of their beauty! You da man when it comes to horses! Keep em comin!
  5. Thanks Torben. I've not caught an image of the horses overlooking my town, so this one is special.

Much appreciated Gale.

Thanks for commenting Dianne!
  6. Another wonderful set.
  7. Beautiful! There is something about the second one I really like.
  8. Thanks Louie and Shellie! I like the second one as well. Unfortunately, that water hole recently got filled in with mud after a big rain storm.
  9. WOW, what great captures David. Love them all.
  10. Wow! These are stunners :smile:

Hard to pick a fav as they are all great. Well done as usual David.

RAURICK Guest

Very cool!
  12. David, a wonderful series - it allows us to see your wild horses in such a beautiful way. Thanks for sharing these!
  13. It's my pleasure to share these. Thanks to all of you for your kind words.
  14. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    David, these are so neat! The backgrounds in this set really add to the series! My favorites are 3,5 and 6 but boy what a series
  15. Thanks Jonathan. Your comments are always appreciated!
  16. When you're sitiing there watching these beautiful beasts David, how often do you say to yourself "How lucky am I?" ?
    Must be that much more inspiring watching this in person. Thanks for sharing.
  17. "mare and her foal" is my favourite one...
    lovely images rest too ...

18. batangueno

May 10, 2007
    Excellent pics. You captured the wild horses and their habitat really well.
  19. Such beautiful photos. Always enjoy your postings.
  20. Top-notch, David. Could you please fill us in on which lens(es) you are using?