Wild Horses and Grizzlys

This morning I was in the top of the Ghost Forest area (Foothills east of Banff) along the Red Deer River photographing wild horses.

The Horse below is the lead stallion in one of three bands I saw today. After this shot I drove a couple of miles down a logging road, stopped and was preparing to approach another horse I had just passed when a grizzly popped out of the woods in front of my car on my right. We stared at each other. She seemed to be as surprised to see me as I was to see her.

I manoeuvred the car so I could get a shot out the driver side window. In the first bear pic below , she seems to be deciding what to do next. Her cub is just coming out of the bush to join her.

I tried to get closer and it was then that she started to run ... the cub following and kicking up a lot of stones in the process .:biggrin:

Perhaps she was interested in the same horse as I was.

Mustang_7110-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grizzly_7112-XL.jpg

Grizzly_7115-XL.jpg

Thanks William and Louie. Needless to say I did not try to photograph the horse. Tried to find the grizzly though but in the comfort of my car

Very nice, indeed. Love the view of the little one's feet.

Thanks Randy and Spooner for your comments. Not all the wild horses look so feral as this one and sometimes when a grizzly is close by, suddenly the idea of only sheep and cows around sounds pretty good

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom