Those of you who hung around here a year ago may recall that I had a five-bloom cluster of lilies appear in my garden that hadn't bloomed there in the previous three years. This year I nearly had a disaster....thinking that if they were going to bloom, they would have done so earlier along with the daffodils and tulips, I started to pull up the stalk while weeding the garden. I quick realized my mistake and replanted the stalk and tied it to a garden torch....and was rewarded this week with three blooms. I went back and looked at the dates on last year's pics, and sure enough, they are right on schedule. NIKON D300    ---    300mm    f/13.0    1/20s    ISO 200 I've got several shots over in pbase, including full size blow-ups for pixel-peepers and comparison of sharpness and coloration from two versions of the Sigma lens I used to take the pics, if anybody is interested. http://www.pbase.com/hflphotos/wild_lilies__two_sigma_lenses Thanks for looking.