Wild rose...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ...just took the opportunity to shoot this small rose while the rain stopped pouring for a few minutes...

D200 + Tamron SP90 - 1:8 at f/38 (for the maximum of DOF) - ISO 100 - RAW

original.

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. you nailed that. . . beautiful image.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty

Net version a tad oversharp

4. Thanks Gerald !

Thanks Gale ! ...and you're right: i'm affraid Pbase has a tendency to change (worthen?) the quality of the images...

Here's another version, less sharpened ! I hope it'll come out better :smile: !

original.

Cheers,
    J-P.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes much more delicate:>)))

I often see things much different on net than in PS or in print

6. I'm in learning mode and am having great difficulty in seeing any difference between the two pix...can someone direct me to an area or edge which show the change...please

7. Very nice. And I don't seen any signs of diffraction!

8. I was looking for that too, David - especially at f/38! There must be some effect, but perhaps we just don't recognize it.

Beautiful image J-P.

9. Hi Charlie, David and "Pa" (Jim) ! You're absolutely right: there isn't any difference between the two images !

...because, in a first attempt, i tried to replace the previous image (in the first post) by the new one, but the effect didn't show at once... so, i wrote my other post, in wich i included the new image !

...then, sometimes later, i noticed that the pic in the first post had been effectively replaced, but in the meantime i had deleted the original pic (the one oversaturated) in Pbase AND in my computer !

Morality, don't be hasty.... let the system do it's job... slowly but surely !

Cheers,
    J-P.

10. Thanks J-P...I have cancelled my urgent eye test :biggrin:
    Sorry you had those problems...I know them well !!
    All the best