1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wild Turkey

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Jun 8, 2007.

1. This hen is doing her level best to rid my front yard of grass hoppers today.

[​IMG]

2. Talk about your ambiguous subject lines!:wink:

Nice shot. Glad to see you're on the mend.

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Hi Dave,

I can't imagine having one of these in my yard! Great image from composition to colors. I never thought about these eating grasshoppers!

4. Hic.. Huh???

Thanks Andy. They get real bold when the hoppers are out in force. I have had this bird in view for sveral hours now. Sometimes a whole gang will come out.

5. Nice Capture, Looks like she is still looking for something to eat.

6. Thanks Gary. I suspect she has a nest nearby as I have seen her alone for 3 days now and it is soon time for the poults to hatch if they have not already.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very neat capture Dave.

8. Thanks Frank!

9. Nice job! Would be very cool if you end up with a view of the new little guys! :biggrin:

10. Thanks Gretchen and it is very likely that I will. I discovered yesterday that there is a feral cat hanging around and that can be trouble. The last feral cat I had around here I spent a year taming and catcheing her and bringing her into my dog filled home. No room for another but I will try and find a good resolution somehow.

11. Hi Dave all my hens I guess are in the woods with their young as I have not seen but a few come for a hand out of corn and these are Toms. But I have some great memories I captured last winter when the time was getting close for the big boys to come out og hideing. I was able to record them with my camera. You can hear them hers if you like.

http://www.loubuscher.com/web display A.htm

Lou

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanksgiving dinner on the hoof:) ))

:>)))

Nice shot Dave

13. Thanks Thomas.
    Wow, great stuff there Lou!

LOL Gale!!!

14. WOW! What a beauty! Glad to see you're doing better too! Hope to see more soon!

15. Hey Dave, nice catch.

Louie

16. Thanks Diane and Louie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.