Wild Turkey

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
This hen is doing her level best to rid my front yard of grass hoppers today.

160811161-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Dave,

I can't imagine having one of these in my yard! Great image from composition to colors. I never thought about these eating grasshoppers!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Talk about your ambiguous subject lines!:wink:

Nice shot. Glad to see you're on the mend.

Hic.. Huh???

Hi Dave,

I can't imagine having one of these in my yard! Great image from composition to colors. I never thought about these eating grasshoppers!
Thanks Andy. They get real bold when the hoppers are out in force. I have had this bird in view for sveral hours now. Sometimes a whole gang will come out.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Thanks Gary. I suspect she has a nest nearby as I have seen her alone for 3 days now and it is soon time for the poults to hatch if they have not already.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Thanks Gretchen and it is very likely that I will. I discovered yesterday that there is a feral cat hanging around and that can be trouble. The last feral cat I had around here I spent a year taming and catcheing her and bringing her into my dog filled home. No room for another but I will try and find a good resolution somehow.

Hi Dave all my hens I guess are in the woods with their young as I have not seen but a few come for a hand out of corn and these are Toms. But I have some great memories I captured last winter when the time was getting close for the big boys to come out og hideing. I was able to record them with my camera. You can hear them hers if you like.

http://www.loubuscher.com/web display A.htm

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom