Wild Turkeys

Not the greatest image of these Wild Turkeys but they were hard to get close to. The birds were moving fast and I just had time for one grab shot. We don't see many turkey shots posted to this forum so I thought I would share this one. D2H, 70-200mm lens.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot.

I am kind of partial to the Wild Turkey that comes in the bottle over the plastic wrapped bird. :D

To much of the bottled WT will make you gobble and strut just like the bird, at least that is what I have been told. :lol:

Russ

Actually Gordon, these are very good shots of this hard to find bird. At least around here, they are very skittish. You just needed your 300 2.8 + 1.4 TC. 8)

Great capture Gordon... I've seen a few but only on a bottle of whiskey... :lol:

Yesterday I saw a pack of pheasants... but didn't manage to get any shots, too fast and too furious... :shock:

Flew said:
Actually Gordon, these are very good shots of this hard to find bird. At least around here, they are very skittish. You just needed your 300 2.8 + 1.4 TC. 8)
I definitely needed my 300 f2.8 lens Frank. The problem was I came on them unexpectedly (about 10 or 12 or them) and they took off running. I caught the last two as they went across this clearing. One shot only.

Thanks Russ, Don and Panos. There seems to be a lot of calls for the bottled variety of Wild Turkey. :lol: :lol: :lol: You can see where your minds are and it is not on birds. :) I appreciate your comments.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom