Wild Turkeys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Not the greatest image of these Wild Turkeys but they were hard to get close to. The birds were moving fast and I just had time for one grab shot. We don't see many turkey shots posted to this forum so I thought I would share this one. D2H, 70-200mm lens.

2. Thanks for posting Gordon...never saw a wild turkey not wrapped in plastic.

Anthony

3. I know what you mean Anthony. Course the ones wrapped in plastic have puffed up breasts and can't run so fast.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Hi, Gordon - Nice capture for a quick shot! BTW, the plastic wrapped ones are a little tastier.

5. Nice shot.

I am kind of partial to the Wild Turkey that comes in the bottle over the plastic wrapped bird. :D

To much of the bottled WT will make you gobble and strut just like the bird, at least that is what I have been told. :lol:

Russ

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Actually Gordon, these are very good shots of this hard to find bird. At least around here, they are very skittish. You just needed your 300 2.8 + 1.4 TC. 8)

7. Great capture Gordon... I've seen a few but only on a bottle of whiskey... :lol:

Yesterday I saw a pack of pheasants... but didn't manage to get any shots, too fast and too furious... :shock:

8. I definitely needed my 300 f2.8 lens Frank. The problem was I came on them unexpectedly (about 10 or 12 or them) and they took off running. I caught the last two as they went across this clearing. One shot only.

9. Thanks Russ, Don and Panos. There seems to be a lot of calls for the bottled variety of Wild Turkey. :lol: :lol: :lol: You can see where your minds are and it is not on birds. :) I appreciate your comments.