Wildest tow truck I've ever seen

The craziest tow job I've ever seen. Stepped out our hotel in Paris and never seen anything like this. Took about 15mins from start to finish. Really, really neat to watch.

Car was parallel parked in the slot. Tow truck wraps the sling underneath and crane-like boom lifts it onto platform.....WOW!
large.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 92744

I don't think he's lifting the Mercedes the same way. LOL
View attachment 92745

D

Dave_Canada

Interesting captures , out of interest are they illegally parked cars ?? dont look like something you would do to a stalled car.

Interesting captures , out of interest are they illegally parked cars ?? dont look like something you would do to a stalled car.

Illegally parked. Car was paralell parked into a tight slot (i.e. couldn't get truck in front or back). He pulls right along side and does his thing. Pretty neat.

R

Removed User 2

That's just how they steal cars in Europe. They pick up any car from just anywhere. But please note those trucks are usually as big as a car (much smaller then the truck you're showing here).

Neat? Not so sure... ;-)

Looks like it would do a lot of damage to the side of the car but since they're illegally parked, they don't care?

I have seen Mercs and large BMWs removed like this in London when they have been illegally parked. In london they do it slightly differently in the fact that they put like a cage under the car that the wheels sit in so that the car is not damaged. Neat images by the way it is intresting to see how other people see things that we see most days and how it differs.

I have seen Mercs and large BMWs removed like this in London when they have been illegally parked. In london they do it slightly differently in the fact that they put like a cage under the car that the wheels sit in so that the car is not damaged. Neat images by the way it is intresting to see how other people see things that we see most days and how it differs.

Thanks Dave.

Very interesting method. Love your shots of the whole process.

We in Toronto face the same fate at rush hour. The tow trucks line up and wait for the 'traffic cop' to show up, and once it's ticketed, away it goes. If you run up to grab your vehicle and the tow truck has already caught it, you have to pay the full wack to get it back down on the ground. It's an aggravating experience to deal with, but then again, the city has to keep the traffic moving. Having a major artery at a standstill all due to one parked vehicle is exasperating. Tourists are always calling the police to say that their vehicle was stolen (thinking the worst that will happen is a yellow ticket on the windshield). The police just give them the number to call to retrieve it (after a very hefty payment). "Tag 'n' tow" means just that!

Latest threads

Top Bottom