wildflower, or wild coincidence?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Doug, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Location? Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Next to mountain stream, though a little higher than stream bed, along edge of roadway.

She sure is a beauty, I know that. Minature Iris, I believe or maybe this is called Wild Iris? I realize there is nothing here for you to get a bearing on it's size. You'll have to take my word that it is 50% size of standard iris's. It was the only flower blooming, though a few more will happen if they didn't get froze out this week...

[​IMG]

Ok, I am going to add a note, that I know this is not the best perspective on this flower. I was just so amazed at finding this in the wild, I wanted to capture it's color and beauty expanded. The environment didn't setup to well for a great shot, and the time of day was all wrong as well...But I plan to go back this weekend and see if I can find more.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. frg1

frg1

Apr 7, 2007
    Sydney Australia
    I like the color in this shot, the flower makes an interesting pattern as well.

3. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Doug, I really like it. The color is beautiful. Would be interesting to see it cropped in real close also. It has a bit of a kaleidescope feel to it with the pattern of the flower petals.

4. dbarronoss

dbarronoss Guest

Iris cristata

This is a very lovely iris...much better than any I took of these this spring.
    Congratulations on a wonderful job.

5. The color is gorgeous, and the perspective is actually kind of neat. If you stare at it for awhile, the flower starts to almost jump out at you and look very 3-d (either that or I've had way too much chocolate tonight :wink:.)