wildflower, or wild coincidence?

Location? Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Next to mountain stream, though a little higher than stream bed, along edge of roadway.

She sure is a beauty, I know that. Minature Iris, I believe or maybe this is called Wild Iris? I realize there is nothing here for you to get a bearing on it's size. You'll have to take my word that it is 50% size of standard iris's. It was the only flower blooming, though a few more will happen if they didn't get froze out this week...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ok, I am going to add a note, that I know this is not the best perspective on this flower. I was just so amazed at finding this in the wild, I wanted to capture it's color and beauty expanded. The environment didn't setup to well for a great shot, and the time of day was all wrong as well...But I plan to go back this weekend and see if I can find more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug, I really like it. The color is beautiful. Would be interesting to see it cropped in real close also. It has a bit of a kaleidescope feel to it with the pattern of the flower petals.

D

dbarronoss

Iris cristata

This is a very lovely iris...much better than any I took of these this spring.
Congratulations on a wonderful job.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom