1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wildflowers and an unruly Bee

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Harry Lavo, Aug 18, 2008.

1. There I was leaving the Easthampton MA Post Office when I noticed a patch of wildflowers next door, strongly backlit by the morning sun. Since I had my camera with me, I stopped to shoot the flowers when along came a seemingly obliging bee....but it turned out he didn't want to cooperate at all:

Made for morning sunlight:

original.
    NIKON D300    ---    300mm    f/5.6    1/320s    ISO 200

This was a much more common weed/flower and what attracted me in the first place...a patch full of them, all blooming downstem but not the full stem simultaneously (curious, that):

original.
    NIKON D300    ---    300mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 200

Then the Bee appeared. "Hey, fella, you're facing the wrong direction":

original.

"That's better. But what's that darn stuff on your face....messy, messy! No modeling career for you, I'm afraid":

original.

:smile: Have a great week!

2. Harry that first shot is just tremendous. The others are nice as well, but holy cow, I just love that first one!

3. Thanks, Rich. That's what I meant by "Made for morning light". I did absolutely no touch up to the shot other than a teeny,tiny bit of edge that I do to all my D300 shots. Nature provided the "pop". What I am most proud of is that I framed it in camera to achieve the tilt and full-framed it. It was the only one of its kind among the others....don't know what it is, but it was/is an equisite weed.

4. Reminds me of some sort of grass seed... Cool!

5. Wow, the first shot of the grass seed is awesome. Just lovely. Oh those bees just wanna have fun.

6. Thanks Phil. Thanks Birgit. Isn't it nice when you run across something unexpectantly and have the equipment with you to do it justice? I'm to the point now where I don't want my full Domke bag to leave the car. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.