Wildflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, May 8, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Am posting a couple of recent wildflower pics taken with the D70 and Nikon Macro 200 f4. Used SB800 and Really Right Stuff portrait flash holder for fill. Not great but would appreciate severe criticisms :cry: !
    Jerry S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[BBcode corrected by moderator /PK]

2. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Oops! Obviously I haven't figured this out yet. My sincerest apologies.
    Jerry S

3. Not quite sure what the problem is here, but when I copied and pasted one of your URL's into my browser, it brought up the entire gallery, not just one pic...

Let's try again...

[​IMG]

Beautiful shot.

After hitting the "Img" button above the posting window, go to your smumug page, right-click on the image you want to post, and select "Copy image location".

I see you have some flyfishing pics posted. Welcome aboard. I also have some of those from Alaska and Chile on my Smugmug page.

4. Jerry, welcome to the cafe! No need to apologize. you did good with the BBcode, it's actually a "problem" of ...procedure with smugmug.

Here's what you should:
    1. Click on your folder
    2. Click on your image
    3. Click again on your image for a larger view
    4. Right click-->Properties on the displayed image
    5. Select and Copy the Image Address (URL)
    6. Paste in your post
    7. Include it with the ...[/img} BBcode
    8. Sit back and enjoy, you're on cafe now!!! ;-)

5. Now, about your photos...
    You have a great collection of photos in your smugmug galleries and have enjoyed viewing each and every one of them!!!
    You should post some more and share them with us... ;-)

6. Hi Jerry,

Like your butterflies shots, these are amazingly well exposed. Did you use fill flash in these shots?

Regards.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Jerry,

Is there any area of photography where you aren't very good? 8)

First it was dragonflies, then butterflies, then birdies, and now flowers. Excellent stuff. Makes my eyes feel good. :wink:

8. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    fill flash

Thanks for the comments. I just try to piddle here and there. You folks have the talent, as I have been lurking on several of you for some time now on another site.
    Re whether I use fill flash. Yes I do and prefer it, especially with digital which allows me to fine tune. I simply love the SB800 (but as TTL and not TTL BL) and the Really Right Stuff portrait package brackets. This along with their camera bracket give me lots of flexibility for vertical/horizontal composition. Also prefer the Sto-Fen Omni Bounce for the flash head. If/when I don't use the latter, I tend to really cut the flash strength down sometimes to -2 or even -3. I have to admit that I typically shoot in manual mode most all of the time, although recently am trying out Apeture Priority as well. If I shouldn't be dropping brand names here I apologize. No relationship with any of these folks but happen to really like the products even though quite pricey (what in photography isn't??).
    Please be aware that if I REALLY knew what I was talking about I would be considered dangerous!

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

Naming of brand names is actually preferred. It helps us all find needed equipment. If you actually were a representative of a company that you mention (and I know you aren't in this case), just say so up front. We don't mind at all.

This is a discussion forum for photographers. We discuss equipment.:wink:

10. Very very nice Jerry!! :D :D :D