Will I like it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Daves602, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Hi there everyone. I have just bought a vertical grip double battery holder for my D50 as well as that, they threw in 2 new batteries (generic) and a wireless remote. It was from a Chinese ebay store. The price was cheap.
    Has anyone else purchased similar Chinese after market replicas and found them to be ok?
    I have a generic battery for my D2x from China and it works a treat, doesn't give me the same number of shots as the genuine, but at least 4/5th's at a fraction of the price.
    I am kind of keen to see how the little D50 will look with some steroids packed underneath it :Shocked:
    My other reason for buying it was to increase the weight of the D50, to assist in steadier shots at slower shutter speeds. The remote may be fun for some self portraits and a multitude of other applications that I just didn't entertain prior.
    Let us know what your thoughts on after market products like my D50 battery grip.
    ( they had 2 different types for the D50, one that just holds batteries and the other has a remote button that triggers the shutter from a vertical grip position )

2. I had a Chinese after maket vertical grip for my D70s. It looked ugly. The shutter trigger worked stupidly. I used it sevral times and sold it. However, it does increase the weight of the camera and hold 2 batteries, so I guess you'll like it. :)