Will the AFLAC Duck ever recover?

It's possible the dispute with Gilbert Gottfried shut the duck up.

The duck was voiced by comedian Gilbert Gottfried.[15] After serving 11 years, Gottfried was dismissed on March 14, 2011 due to postings on Gottfried's Twitter account referencing the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. The company's chief marketing officer stated that "Gilbert's recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac."[16] On March 23, 2011, Aflac announced that the company was taking applications for the new voice of the Aflac Duck through QuackAflac.com until April 1. Commercials requesting the submissions, first aired in 2006 but updated, resemble a silent movie.[17][18] On April 26, 2011, it was announced that 36-year-old Daniel McKeague, a television advertising sales manager from Hugo, Minnesota, would be the new voice of the Aflac duck.[19] The first Aflac commercial featuring the duck's new voice aired on May 1, 2011.

About time they got rid of that no talent hack Gottfried. No idea how anyone thinks he is even remotely funny.

Ugh...I hate these, and not just because Gilbert Gottfried has been doing these for waaay too long. I dumped Geico years ago when I realized how many separate ad campaigns they had going at once (gecko, cavemen, etc) - I wouldn't touch State Farm, Progressive or AFLAC either. The cost of advertising is always passed along to the customer in one way or another.

Sean

LBM, if ya have Charter, look at how many commercials they have for charter on channels you need to have cable to get anyways and usually they are only shown on charter systems. Dont see them on Uverse, Dish or Direct TV.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom