Will You Consider?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by photoshooter, May 26, 2007.

1. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

Buying, Lusting, for a 1DmkIII,

we played, shot , bought one on Wednesday.

Will you consider doing the same?

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You'll have to take some shots with it and give us a full report. We'll also need to see some of your images as well so we can see for ourselves. Judging by your profile, you can provide us with a wide variety of photography types. Can't wait to see how you do with your new camera.

3. Cant wait to see some of your posts,sure would go good with my 5D!

4. Nope I won't, but I will consider a Fuji S5 or whatever Nikon comes out with next.

5. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

We must add, that a 10mp/10fps, with excellent low light shooting capabilities is very difficult to pass up.
    When Nikon brings a new camera, we will evaluate it for it's merits.
    Nikon is my favorite, and our loyalties stay intact, This is not about Nikon vs Canon.
    It's only business.
    We apoligize to anyone we may have offended, just asking an honest question.

We own and shoot d2xs, d2x, and more daily, all nikon.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I don't see me buying it, or really lusting after it, but I'm sure it will be a great piece of equipment and surely be the mark
    for others to beat.

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I don't see me buying it, or really lusting after it, but I'm sure it will be a great piece of equipment and surely be the mark
    for others to beat.

Now I do lust after some of their video cameras.

8. I won't be buying, can't afford to right now. But, I will be lusting and anxiously awaiting some pics on this forum. I also won't give up on the Nikon gear I have, but I would definitely consider a Mark III and a couple of lenses for the sports that I shoot.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love my D200

10. No, I can not see me buying it and I am also not lusting after it. Love my Nikons and glass that fit on them. To me the investiment I have in glass is my most important consideration. The Fuji S5 has tweaked my interest but not enough to make me serious about changing cameras.

11. I'll give it a good look. And see what Nikon brings forth later in the year. The MkIII looks to be great, but I do wish it had more that 10mp.

12. Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
  13. LB Jefferies

LB Jefferies

Jan 29, 2006
    I could see myself having one. :smile: It certainly has some interesting features.
    I guess I could find a way to attach my 105DC to it.:biggrin:
    Whether or not I'll ever actually touch one . . . who knows?

14. rwatts

rwatts

Apr 30, 2005
    Georgia, USA
    I am considering Mrk-III as well.

Looking at investing in some long lens, better glass in the 300-500mm range. These purchases are on hold until I get an idea what Nikon's answer to the Mrk-III will be and the time tables for availability.

For just a hobby and taking photos of my kids, I have some serious money invested. Hate the idea of changing systems. Guess we'll see in a few months.

15. I was sort of looking at it, but the images I've seen so far just don't impress. :confused:

The SD14 however does.

16. Call me crazy: I am very happy with my D2x.
    I never question my camera, I just go and enjoy shooting with it (I told you, CRAZY!!! :eek:).

17. photoshooter

photoshooter Guest

Interesting comments, this camera will be paid for in a matter of days or weeks.

We use the camera, to earn a living. 10mp/10fps and at least 2 stops of low light / high ISO performance. Nikon just does not have anything, NOW to compete.

The d2hs is a great camera, but 4mp/8fps, and lesser low light capabilities leaves it wanting for a great number of photographers, who shoot action, sports etc.
    D2x is wonderful, but low light/5fps leaves issues
    d200 same problem.

It's the high ISO thing. It's not about ego, or money. It's about the ability of the photographer to get the best possible shot, no matter the conditions. So for some the new Canon is a necessity to keep up, and provide the highest quality image.
    As stated above, we are nikon shooters, this is just about business.
    No comparisons or bragging rights. Nikon brings a new competitive camera and the canon goes on the block.

18. While I find the Mk3 tempting, anticipation of what the D3 will bring is what has got me salivating!

19. Francis

Francis

May 7, 2005
    Belgium
    A Canon ???? Never . . . :biggrin: