Will you purchase a D2Hs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Sherman, Mar 25, 2005.

1. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who will purchase or who is considering purchasing a D2Hs. I am interested in the smaller file sizes for ease and convenience and speed. I anticipate not needing to print larger than 11x17". If I could save a few $$'s and have a camera that makes excellent prints at 11x17" and shoots and focuses fast, this could be the right choice for me. I only shoot raw files. Also, will there be a distinct advantage for raw shots in a D2Hs over a D2h, (money aside) just wondering about quality of the end product.

Everyone on the other forum seems to think that if they just wait a few months the price will be about a $1000 cheaper give or take. I kind of doubt that. Before the D2h fell in price they were being purchased at a regular clip for over $3000. I do feel that the market will bring down the price especially when Nikon introduces the much anticipated D100 replacement.

Actually this might even be the better choice if it has between 6 and 8 mp's. I am just a little nervous about the 4mp limit. I almost always have to trim a bit of the image away just to make it fit my frames so right away the 4 mp image is about 3.5 to 3.8mps.

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Yes, I probably will purchase a D2HS to complement my D2X. If so it will replace my current D2H. I sometimes need a camera with smaller files and better high-ISO performance than D2X, which isn't bad as such at 1600, but not reliable at 3200. Besides, D2HS and D2X can share the WT-2 device which I'm now setting up for my D2X (it is not supported by D2H).

3. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    If it is an improvement over D2h, which I think it should be - definitely yes.

4. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    nope...with the improvements...its not worth the extra bucks..maybe if it double the resolution...time will tell if the images are better than the current d2h...heard the bodies will be in stores soon...we will see?

i'm barely getting by with 4mp...i just need room to crop...sure the bigger files slow you down but you need better and faster processors...

5. No, I prefer the D2X I'l set it to shoot in 6 MP mode, which gives mee two more MP's then 4 MP, it show it he detail. I find mysel shooting a ltot more JPG's with the 12 MP and a little sharpening they look really good.