Wilma, and the Whole family

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gale, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

My prayers are with you.. I hope Wilma's damage is minimal.

3. Hey there you stay safe until this one passes.

4. Gale
    Be very careful. Where are you in relation to this thing?
    Dave

5. Hope you'll be okay, Gale. Thanks for letting us know what is happening.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Take care Gale! I also got an email from Joe Martin's (JMartin) wife recently. The county they live in is now in a State of Emergency. Fortunately they seem prepared...scary none-the-less. Gale, if you need a place to stay...call us honey!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave ,

I am on the North east side of it. Not the best place to be , but the worst either. I am on the east coast about an hour and a half north of harris and not far from the kennedy space center.

On that link I sent.. click on radsr. See all the red in the northeast quadrant. Thats where I am.

I am ok.

but can't say I like it.

Doesn't look like Harris is getting to much YET.. He is closer if it stays on coarse of it coming over top of him. Not sure. May go a bit north of him.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Leigh and Patrick,
    Much appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

right now you are all keeping me company for sure. :>)))

thanks a million.

Harry B is just a few miles from me.
    Kevin is in Orlando. Trish is in Melbourne just a bit south of Harry a few minutes. Several of our forum members are in this path.

Oh dear....Gaye is right in the path of landfall on the west coast.

OHHHH it has let up for a few minutes.

Everyone be safe.

Thanks again

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  10. yikes, scary. you all be safe PLEASE. will be thinking of you as it passes.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Gale, far be it for me to speak of the dangers of Wilma, but after having read the latest hurricane atatement, wouldn't it be wise to go to a shelter, instead of riding it out in your mobile home? I only say this because I'm worried about your safety.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You very much Steve,
    I moved from there last year after the first hurricane.

I live in an apt bldg now that is solid concrete..

Tornados can take anything, you are safe nowhere from them.

So I do not have to evacuate.

Evacuation order for all mobile homes was yesterday.

West Cast of Florida is going to get hit hard and the keys.. Although the progected paths on the NOAA site have it a bit north of there.
    So we will see.

thank you again very much for your concern.

Will keep all posted as will Harris and Harry as to what is going on. If we have electric.

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    God, what a relief! I just couldn't imagine you trying to ride out the storm in that mobile home! But, knowing what a hard headed, somewhat cantancarous woman you are, (meant in the nicest way dear), I was sure you were just being bullheaded about leaving your mobile home. Glad your (most likely) going to be ok. Keep us posted often!

14. Hang in there Gale. keep us posted. I am going to go look at the radar right now.

15. Wow Gale-You are getting lots of rain.

And for all those in Florida - Hang in there. Looks like it is going to be a long night and perhaps long day tomorrow. All of Florida is getting some rain except for the Panhandle perhaps?

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Gale. I truly can't imagine dealing with a dangerous storm.

17. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

I'm about an hour south of Harris.
    Still calm, wind se 14, no rain yet.
    In fact no rain all day.

That will all change in a few hours as I'm in the eye path.

We did not have mandatory evacuation from our barrier island.

Birger

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Berger,

Keep safe.
    This is not a very pleasant storm at all. You are deffinately going to feel the effects of this mess.

Thank you for stopping in.
    Please keep us posted.

Gaye....On the west coast is in the direct hit path of this storm coming in as a cat 3.

Gaye we are praying for you and your husband . Please check in with us when you can.

Alllll you Florida folks PLEASE keep us posted.

If any of us can help.. Let us Know.

A tornado touched down and did its damage in about 45 seconds to 4 structures about 2 miles from me. Business and residential.

I am doing fine. It is calm here at the moment.

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank and Mark

Thank you so much for checking in with us.
    Thank you as well for the prayers for al our folks in Florida.

We and I will keep you informed as long as the electric holds up.

Hundreds of Electric trucks are lined up at a given location in this county ready to go to work.

God Bless all you guys.
    Also our fire and rescue. They are always there FIRST, risking thier lives for us.

Thank You.

20. Gale, know that my prayers are with you and that you will be safe. Take care and keep in touch if you can.